Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's time! GT1120, RoboStang, and myself are having the Club Mud cruise on Saturday Oct 11th (rain date Sunday the 12th) at the peak of the fall foliage season. Although we expect there to be a bit more traffic (at least on the Mohawk Trail) the trees should be at the peak of color. I've attached a link to last Springs cruise and expect it to be similar but we may modify it somewhat. More details will follow but we should meet at 10:30 depart at 11:00 and have a 3 hour ride with a lunch stop.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/665809-new-england-spring-cruise-2014-a.html

^^^link to the last cruise

Hope to see lots of you there as the trees will be looking good and it is a nice time to go for a ride.

Mud

standard Club Mud rules apply: Participate at your own risk! If you go off the road we will strip parts off your car and leave you behind.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
How about some nice Mustang and fall foliage pictures of the cruise? I really miss that time of the year back east.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I really enjoyed the spring cruise..... looking forward to the ride.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm planning on attending too but I'm coming up from NJ, where do we meet? Wondering whether to come up the night before or just make it an early morning...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm planning on attending too but I'm coming up from NJ, where do we meet? Wondering whether to come up the night before or just make it an early morning...
Wow! NJ!. Hope you can make it.

The actual cruise begins in Whately, MA.

Below are the usual meeting points and times along the way for those of us coming up I91 from central CT.

Shell gas station/Dunkin Donuts at 131 Brainard Rd in Hartford at 8:45am

Enfield off I-91 exit 48 (Elm St) in the Kohls parking lot to the left of Mcdonalds at 9:15am

Whately truck stop at Exit 24 off of I-91 in Whately, MA around 10:15am

Cruise starts from the truck stop promptly @ 11:00.

Not sure if any of these will work for you.

From where you are, I95 to I91 or The Merritt Parkway to I91 or I84 will bring you into Hartford for the 8:45am meet. Looks like either way is a bit over 2 hours for you so you would need to be on the road early.

PM me if you would like to suggest another stop along I91 if that helps you.

Rob

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would suggest coming up the day before. the crusie is a drainer, and then to drive back. this road is not one you wanna nod out on

hope you can make it, i'm trying to get a couple of my friends to come from NY

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks Robo, for now, I'll plan on meeting you guys at the Shell gas station/Dunkin Donuts at 131 Brainard Rd in Hartford at 8:45am.

Still debating whether to drive up the night before or just make it an early morning and drive up the day of. I'll be in the white 2014 GT Track Pack with Joisey plates :)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Thanks Robo, for now, I'll plan on meeting you guys at the Shell gas station/Dunkin Donuts at 131 Brainard Rd in Hartford at 8:45am.

Still debating whether to drive up the night before or just make it an early morning and drive up the day of. I'll be in the white 2014 GT Track Pack with Joisey plates :)

Sounds great. Stay tuned for more details.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sadly, this will be my last run. i'm going to be moving to Florida for work and leaving on the 13th...it's been great meeting all of you, and I can't wait for this run to spend with you guys

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Sadly, this will be my last run. i'm going to be moving to Florida for work and leaving on the 13th...it's been great meeting all of you, and I can't wait for this run to spend with you guys

Oh no!!!!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so here is the route (same as the last couple)

https://goo.gl/maps/GVQ5E

Plan on meeting at the Whately diner/truck stop @ 10:30 and hitting the road at 11:00 Mr Google says 3 hr ride but with traffic/lunch it'll be over around 3:00/3:30 I know the Mohawk Trail will be crowded but the stretch along the river will beautiful.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looking forward to the run and seeing everyone again, me and the wife should be there again this year.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
I say it every year:

God I wish I could go!!!

10 years and 6 months to go until retirement lol..............

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I say it every year:

God I wish I could go!!!

10 years and 6 months to go until retirement lol..............
And every year we tell you the same thing Rich.....it ain't that far in a Mustang! liar.gif

Wish you and the Mrs could join us.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts