Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got to thinking, what if i get an x-pipe or h-pipe (which ever would be better and cheaper) im 18 in college with no job so im going on the cheap here, but i want a louder sound to my 99 v6 convertible, as well as mabe 5-10hp but my idea was to install the x or h pipe re using my stock cats, then just run 2 2.5 inch or 2 inch stainless steel pipes out out the back of car, mabe out of the side, like right before the rear tires or something, with some nice tips on them? My moms old high school friend about 20 min down the road has a car lift in pretty much a full auto shop, i could do all the welding and install myself to save some money as well. My question is this a good idea, will it work as im thinking?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
no mufflers with either one of those mid-pipes will sound like crap........

put some type of muffler on there at least....

factory pipe is 2.25" so step it up to 2.5", running out the back will give a slightly quieter tone but will be more tamed instead of raspy, stainless steel is of course a good idea, won't ever have to worry about it rusting out .....

i'll offer a third option, something i'm thinking about doing, get turn-outs straight from a set of mufflers, instead of turndowns, that way it will reduce the drone since they are not pointed at the ground but will still be decently loud, and since you have mufflers it won't sound like bad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts