Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the new Ford Racing? C A I yet? It is shown on the Sean Hyland website. If so, do you need a re-tune to prevent the dreaded "check engine light" from coming on. I know it was just released but some of the AFM members are way out front on some of the aftermarket gear. Thanks for the info if you know.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone having check engine lights from a CAI. Usually the cause for this on modded cars is the removal of catalytic converters.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BlueStreak03 said:
I haven't heard of anyone having check engine lights from a CAI. Usually the cause for this on modded cars is the removal of catalytic converters.
BlueStreak03, On the Lounge threads there are many instances of the "check engine light " going on if a C A I is added without doing a tune or having the engine dyno'ed. The K & N doesn't need a tune I hear but most of the others, MMR, C&L, S&B, MAC, Steeda etc do require using a xcal or similar tuning device.. I don't mind getting a dyno run or two to match air flow with fuel/octane level but was not up to speed with the new Ford C A I and the need for tuning. Hopefully someone will have installed one and can answer our questions..:?:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't see any when I looked, could you post some links up for those threads. This is news to me so I'd like to see what everyone's issues are before I try to tell you anything.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlueStreak03 said:
I'm sorry, I didn't see any when I looked, could you post some links up for those threads. This is news to me so I'd like to see what everyone's issues are before I try to tell you anything.
Blue Streak03, I looked under the search drop down and found some issues with C A I install and no tune. The issue seems to be once you install a C A I it increases the air so the air fuel ratio is off and the check engine light goes on. Thats why, I understand, they sell a tuner with the C A I's. SCT X-Cal etc. All I know about this issue is what I have read on this forum. Wasn't sure if the Ford CAI needs a tune or not. If it does I will have it dynoed for the best set up. I am not really knowledgeable about this stuff but this forum has helped alot. Even managed to find a dealer to get my car from after five months in C&U from a CT dealer. Got it in Florida and had it shipped up. Thanks for any help you can provide. Haven't gotten my CAI from Sean Hyland yet. There may be some problem with Ford, I don't know. It's the last mod for me. That is unless I need the dyno work as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
FORD CAI w/Pro-Cal Tuner

Well it's been a year since anyone has posted anything in this thread. I just got a GT vert and am planning to do at least a CAI & Corsa Exhaust. Everyone is this forum swears by many other aftermarket CAI's & tunes. But what about the Ford CAI w/the Pro-Cal tune M-9603-GT06 ?

I don't want to have issues with re-flashing, or loading & unloading a tune everytime I take my car in for service. My dealer informed me that if I buy the Ford racing CAI & tune, there would be no issues with tuning nor the warranty.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer told me the exact opposite, that there would be an issue even with the ford racing cai. He said that even if its ford racing, and even if it is installed by ford...they would be able to void the warranty if a problem happened after the installation of the cai.

In any event, I bought the damn thing and I am going to put it on this weekend. I got my tuner today, looks pretty easy but you know how those things go.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My dealer told me the exact opposite, that there would be an issue even with the ford racing cai. He said that even if its ford racing, and even if it is installed by ford...they would be able to void the warranty if a problem happened after the installation of the cai.

In any event, I bought the damn thing and I am going to put it on this weekend. I got my tuner today, looks pretty easy but you know how those things go.
Welcome to the forum, wow you must have really dug for this thread because it's been about a year. Since then I've modded my stang to extreme satisfaction, but I went with the JLTII & SCT2 evo 93 oct tune, very good mod, my only complaint is that 93 oct fuel is at $3.75 a gallon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.