Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 4cyl auto. mustang that is in the stages of rebirth. I am planning a 351W (carbureted), manual transmission swap. I have seen tons of info on the net, but still have a couple questions I am unsure on. First off, what is the cheapest oil pan for the 351 swap? Also, what would be the best 351 to find for a carbureted application? I was thinking a police interceptor from a mid to late 80's Crown Vic. I work at a transmission repair shop, and my boss said he's got a couple of 6-speeds that supposedly came out of late mustangs. How can I tell if it is a T56? That is the transmission I want to use. Last but not least, what do i need to mate the T56 to the 351W? Clutch kit, linkages, crossmembers??? And where can I get these. Thanks for any help, being that this is the first Mustang I have ever owned.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i think you might want to do alittle more research before you start. as far as i remember, the t56 is longer than the auto,(?) the v8 is bigger than the 4.so if that is the case you need a shorter drive shaft,right off the back.check out the jegs catalog for just about everything else you will need. also the mid to late 80 vics. are fuel injected, not carbed. i think in either 86/87 they changed from the throttle body. don't get discouraged, make sure you plan it out before you start so it's not torn apart for years because you lost your drive to finish it. :sterb: it will beat you up if your not ready for some of the pitfalls.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
The only T56's that came out of mustangs from the factory are from 03-04 Cobra's. Those will not work on your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.