Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally decided to tackle t it today. It was actually a lot easier than some friends made it out to be. I installed a Walbro 255 pump...should be enough fuel for a while....ha.

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
yeah that pump will grow with you.....:)

what is that all over the top of the gas tank.....:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was all dried up dirt. When I cleaned everything off the tank looked brand new. Before the install I could run the car, turn it off, look at the fuel pressure gauge and it would rear 0. Now I do the same thing and the lines are still pressurized.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
It was all dried up dirt. When I cleaned everything off the tank looked brand new. Before the install I could run the car, turn it off, look at the fuel pressure gauge and it would rear 0. Now I do the same thing and the lines are still pressurized.
That was probably a faulty check valve in the pump. And yeah that pump should hold you for a while.

what is that all over the top of the gas tank.....:headscratch:
One thing Ive learned by working on numerous type of cars is, the gas tank never gets cleaned, so everytime you mess with one, it a dirty project.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
A vacumm leak can cause a Lean misfire, and give a vibration. Since vacuum lowers as you approach WOT the misfire becomes less evident, as less air is being drawn in through the leak. Just to answer your question.:bigthumbsup

LOL I screwed up. I was looking at your link, guess I closed it out, and then replied in this thread about it. :headscratch:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha...no worries. I can't find a vacuum leak...anywhere and it's driving me INSANE! It makes an annoying whistle sound...sounds like it's coming from inside the intake when I put my ear up to it. I'd love to find someone that has a smoke machine...that would find it for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.