Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 stang with the regular gauges. but I would like to get the my color gauge cluster or the pony package cluster and put in it, does anybody know where i could get one? and if It would work on my 05"? also how much would they cost? thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Same here, but I want to get the GT four gauge cluster with myColor.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've heard that it's iffy if you can put the 6 gauge cluster and mycolor in an 05. Because it was never an option in 05, I've heard that early build 05's cannot do it but maybe on real late build 05's. My dealer techs told me that the wiring didn't exist on mine for the change so I couldn't put it in without some major wiring harness changes (Apr 05 build) when I had to have the gauge cluster replaced for a faulty temp gauge.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man that sucks. I was hoping to be able to upgrade to the six gauge pony package gauge cluster.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If your car has traction control, you should be able to upgrade. Most cars built before August of '05 should have that harness. Ford stopped putting them in some cars to save money. If you don't have the harness, you can't upgrade. Even if you do some custom wiring, you still can't upgrade. The ECU and wiring in the car is completely different. Pop out the blank cluster where the control buttons go. If you have a wire harness on the back of that, you are in good shape.

Make sure that the cluster you get comes from a car with the same options as your car.

I found a cluster in a junk yard. I paid $20. Plugged everything in. Everything works perfect, but my ABS and TC don't work anymore. I think I have to take it to Ford for them to put the build data back into the car. Should probably cost $70-100.. :(

·
Registered
597 Posts
First of BULLMEISTER: is incorrect in saying the MyColor was't an option for 05 Mustangs, because my Mustang is an 05 and it has the MyColor cluster which was part of the interior upgrade package. Some vehicles were shipped to dealers without the option package due to the lawsuit by the inventor against Ford. Some orderswere delayed due to a freeze put on by a judge before Ford settled with the inventor. As for whether you can update the cluster...I seem to remember a bulletin sent out by Ford stating the upgrade was impossible due to communication issues with other modules in the vehicle. As for getting a dealer to reprogram using as-built data he would need to know the vin of the donor vehicle, but since all vehicles are not built the same its possible the instrument cluster still won't work correctly.

·
Registered
889 Posts
So the info the guys at my dealership gave me was wrong...doesn't surprise me. Learn something new everyday. Do you happen to know the timeframes for the lawsuit and when you could and couldn't get it and what the tsb was? That would be helpful for future info 'cause you know this will come up again in the threads.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I second that, i've got a Sept. 04 build car with the 6 gauge cluster and MyColor from the factory. I'm the only owner so I know it wasn't installed afterwards. My car doesn't have ABS or TCS.

·
Registered
387 Posts
stlwagon, you need the donor vin # to get Ford to put the as-built data back in the vehicle? I don't think that's possible for me. I bought it from a junk yard a long time ago, and it was the last thing that was good in the car. :(

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok guys my 05 has the tcs control and i'm pretty sure that it has the plug ins for the message center, I think I saw them when I put my stereo in but I might have to check it out again. but what if I buy the my color cluster then how would a ford dealer load the info data on to it so my car would run and things work right?

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
those gauges look pretty sweet maybe i could the gauges I want, in a gauge pod that sits on the dash. of my car.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
guages

i would sure like to have the message center and light option. i hope to find out if i can have one in my car soon

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a 2006. I purchase the cluster off ebay,installed myself. The TC stopped working, I took it to the dealer they fix it under warranty. Nothing else was wrong after upgrade.

·
Registered
25 Posts
my color cluster

Even if you dont have the harness behind the blank switch you can add the cluster and the four wires. Just get the connector off the back of a speedometer and the connector that fits the switch from a wrecked mustang and you add these to your wiring. I am doing it right now and you can too. Others have done it also. I in stalled the cluster today and will finish the switch by the end of the weekend. Do a search and you will find. Look for Drock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have the Mycolor gt gauges it just doesnt go pass 120 :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.