Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my ford racing 3.73 gears yesterday from latemodel resto. cant wait for the weather to break to take the gt over to my mechanic and get um installed! its snowing here as i write this! they should wake the car up pretty good compared to the stock 3.31 in my car now! they came with a installation kit with new bearings and all the stuff needed to put them in and gear oil, and friction modifyer. now if only spring would come!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I feel your pain man my ford racing 4.10's have been sitting in my garage for a week now and probably another month before my car will see the road.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Your gonna love those gears. It will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Those will make your GT even more fun to drive.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i got um installed and brought my car home today. i like the difference already! im not gonna get on it till i get um broke in right, but i can feel a big difference just driving normally!!!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
well i got um installed and brought my car home today. i like the difference already! im not gonna get on it till i get um broke in right, but i can feel a big difference just driving normally!!!
Biggest thing is the two heat cycles. Drive it for two short trips (15-20 min) each followed by a complete cooldown.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes thats the plan, i got one heat cycle done, probably do the 2nd in a few days, then oil change.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You have to change the Diff fluid after the two break in drives?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like to change oil after a short breakin, like stlwagon says 500 miles. it gets rid of any small metal particles that may have been on the new parts and worn off as they break in. oil is cheap compared to gears!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.