Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, at the end of June I will most likely be getting 3.73 gears and a t-lok! So i was wondering where you can find these for the cheapest. I was also wondering what other things I should buy along with these two things to perform the best for the cheapest (tuner vs. speed cal, which oil, etc.) thanks for the help everybody!

·
Registered
769 Posts
sct tuner ,the sct truner u can correct the speedo and get more hp out of ur modds and out of the tuner ..if u talkingabout oil for the gearss i would do royal purple..and if its motor oil and u want cheap and very good get mobil 1

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Gears are the cheapest at cj ponyparts.com Even if you use the american muscle discount.:rollgrin:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sct tuner ,the sct truner u can correct the speedo and get more hp out of ur modds and out of the tuner ..if u talkingabout oil for the gearss i would do royal purple..and if its motor oil and u want cheap and very good get mobil 1
hmmmm.... but a tuner would be another $300, right? just estimating the price by the way.
Both links are kits from americanmuscle.com. I'd say go the tuner route only if you plan to do more with your car, if not just go with the speed cal route.

Ford Racing 3.73 Gears and the Dallas Mustang Speedcal at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Ford Racing 3.73 Gears and SCT SF3 PowerFlash Tuner Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
alas, these are for the gt's... :(
Gears are the cheapest at cj ponyparts.com Even if you use the american muscle discount.:rollgrin:
do you happen to know if they sell gears for the 7.5" rear end? i could only find 3.73's for the 8.8"

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah they do but frpp 7.5in gears are more expensive. Sorry I didn't look, the 7.5's are cheaper to buy from american muscle:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
328 Posts
And..
Cheapest trac lok: DIFFERENTIAL TRACTION-LOK 7.5 28 SPLINE 1979-2010 - CJ Pony Parts, Inc.

If you want to replace just the clutches: 79-04 Mustang 7.5" Trac-Lok Clutch Kit by Yukon at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Cheapest gears: Mustang 3.73 Gears for 7.5 Rear End at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping

Speedometer corrector: Speed Calibrator - SpeedCal at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

And finally you want a bottle of ford friction modifier($6) and two bottles of 75w90 ROYAL PURPLE or amsoil brand gear oil.

I was bored and it's 2:00 in the morning/just got off work :rollgrin:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And..
Cheapest trac lok: DIFFERENTIAL TRACTION-LOK 7.5 28 SPLINE 1979-2010 - CJ Pony Parts, Inc.

If you want to replace just the clutches: 79-04 Mustang 7.5" Trac-Lok Clutch Kit by Yukon at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Cheapest gears: Mustang 3.73 Gears for 7.5 Rear End at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping

Speedometer corrector: Speed Calibrator - SpeedCal at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

And finally you want a bottle of ford friction modifier($6) and two bottles of 75w90 ROYAL PURPLE or amsoil brand gear oil.

I was bored and it's 2:00 in the morning/just got off work :rollgrin:
haha wow thanks! being bored isn't always a bad thing:bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.