Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 gt and i was interested in putting either 373 or 410 gears in it, it is a daily driver so is 410's a bad idea? my friend said 373 will make it so my car doesnt even go 90?? but if you have one of these or suggestions it would be appreciated
my car is a manual also

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know i was just looking on info from people who have these gears and how it affects there car good and bad i just got my 02 gt and im starting to modify it and i have alot of money to burn on it he has a 05 gt and he cant afford anything mods with his payments so he i think he doesnt want me to buy alot of stuff lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well, with my 02 GT (auto) I went ahead and got the 4.10s, but it is also not a daily driver. With the research I've done the 3.73s will do fine in your manual daily driver. Your top end will still be there, just at a higher RPM. From what I understand, your mileage will drop also, though it won't be very much at all, so I say go for it. It will certainly wake up your engine and its the best bang for your buck!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've drivin 3.73 and 4.10... 3.73 is best all around gear for daily driver in my opinion as well...

·
Registered
276 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
I've drivin 3.73 and 4.10... 3.73 is best all around gear for daily driver in my opinion as well...
That's what I did. 373's. Mine's a daily driver. Believe me the top end is still there. :laughlitt

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've got 3.90s in my daily driver. No problems.
Probably can't do 140 anymore -- but, you know, I never go that fast. It's all about 0-60 and 1/4 mile anyway...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did 4.10's for my daily driver. Gas mileage is still there 18 city 26 hwy. Top end is still there so far it's been 130 with plenty to go in 5th. Basically it makes 1st gear worth nothing tho. If you are planning on supercharging the car probably should use the 3.73's. It makes the car a whole lot more fun though that is for sure.

Damon

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
3.73's are a great choice for a saily driver. Decide now if you want to put a supercharger on the car. If you are, I would do 3.55's because you'll do nothing but spin off the line with 3.73's and you'll max out 4th before you get to the trap at the end of a 1/4 mile track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.