Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I got my car in June I thought I would wait a while to hear what mods were good and which were not. I still cannot seem to find much aftermarket performance enhancing mods for the 2011 V6. WHat is good? are they planing anything? a supercharger? turbocharger?

·
Registered
352 Posts
sts is working on a turbo kit, procharger n vortech are prolly working on supercharges im gonna just wait till next summer you will find alot of after market products for our v6

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'd go with the SCT Bama Tuner first, then sum axle back exhauts, and either K&N Drop in filter or C&L CAI. There aren't any turbo chargers out yet for the V6. American Muscle.com gots a lot of good deals on sum mods that you'd be looking for.

J

·
0 Posts
C'mon man. 90% of the posts in this forum are about "best bang for your buck mod" or "best 1st mod". Scroll down, go to page 2 and if that doesn't work just search.
I never thought I'd be one of the guys that yells "Search" but this forum is getting cluttered with redundant posts and it's making some of the important info hard to find. Let's work on improving the signal to noise ratio here shall we?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are so many posts that is why I wanted to start a thread I will look. I also assume there are a bunch of people promoting products from different companies It would be nice if they just put real results all over

J

·
0 Posts
There are so many posts...
That's exactly the problem. This is what we're trying to avoid by having people search before posting.

There are no paid commenters that I'm aware of. There's several posts here reviewing intakes, exhausts, wheels and tuners. You'll find people's 1st hand experience with these products as well as videos and sometimes how-to guides on installation. At this point pretty much every product on the market has been installed on some members car and they've probably written a blurb about it here. Look around a bit and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for and help us keep the forum organized too. Thanks and welcome to AFM!

·
Registered
644 Posts
about to go install the Roush axle backs now.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
There you have it. Outside of body kits and a few minor bolt-ons there really aren't any mod's for the 2011 V6 yet. Just tunes n fumes.
They have plenty of brakes/suspension/rear end parts for our cars... but that's only because we can share a lot of those from our bigger V8 brother's aftermarket pot of goodies. Proper v6 weight spring rates are the only lacking suspension upgrade I see.

·
Registered
616 Posts
oh I'm just having fun with you. :winks
I'm still waiting on mine to show up in a week (I think) and I'm already picking out what I want to do to it. I'm thinking the tune will definitely be in order.

·
Registered
637 Posts
"Still nothing available in the way of large performance gains," would probably have been a clearer statement for me to have made.
I agree with Cannonballer, Nothing yet that is going to get you 30+hp from one item. We'll have to wait for tubo's, superchargers. What would be really cool is if they had the market for aftermarket cams and heads. I'm extremely doubtful on that though..

If you want to buy something you can feel these are the first two items
SCT Tune . I'd suggest using performance or race tune
Upgrade your rear end gears, I'm using 3.73 and still getting 2500 rpms at 80mph in 6th gear. Just those two combo's allows me to snack on older GT's and kill the v6 011 camero.

Besides that my cat-back exhuast Magnaflow Comp series was very very very loud at first, once it broke in it sounds great. I'd expect your exhuast to tone down just a tad to where you can enjoy it once it breaks in.

Happy Holidays all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Um why don't you guys look at using the turbos off a SHO. We use mustang injectors on our cars why not modify or use the SHO turbos. I'm really still curious why people are still into superchargers they use way too much power to make power. Also a sequential turbo set up or anti lag can eliminate the spool time. But anyway to use the manifolds, turbine housing from a SHO, use a different compressor from Garrett, inter-cooler, BOV, and a boost controller. Should see 400-500 respectfully

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with Cannonballer, Nothing yet that is going to get you 30+hp from one item. We'll have to wait for tubo's, superchargers. What would be really cool is if they had the market for aftermarket cams and heads. I'm extremely doubtful on that though..

If you want to buy something you can feel these are the first two items
SCT Tune . I'd suggest using performance or race tune
Upgrade your rear end gears, I'm using 3.73 and still getting 2500 rpms at 80mph in 6th gear. Just those two combo's allows me to snack on older GT's and kill the v6 011 camero.

Besides that my cat-back exhuast Magnaflow Comp series was very very very loud at first, once it broke in it sounds great. I'd expect your exhuast to tone down just a tad to where you can enjoy it once it breaks in.

Happy Holidays all.
I love pulling up next to a Camaro RS. Most of them don't want to go, but I've toyed with a few. They always fall behind. :laughlitt

Any drone with the Magnaflows? I can get Magnaflows full catback for the same price as the FRPP Sport. They both sound and look great, but I've read a few complaints about Magnaflow's drone.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
WOW! Talk about someone doing a search and finding an old thread! This one has been around for at least a few months. +1 on not starting a new thread on available mod's!

BTW...I went with the cowl hood and CAI instead of the BBK's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my opinion the best bang for the buck is the tuner / CAI combo kit that american muscle sells. I picked up the airaid cai and sct tuner a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT!

I've been runing the 87 s and just loaded the 93 R hybrid tune and it feels like a totally different car now. Lots of low end torque compared to stock and pulls hard through the power band.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts