Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I definitely agree. The honeycomb mesh looks phenominal. I love this car! That grill really puts it over the top. I do not think the horizontal bars would have the same appeal as the nostalgic honeycomb
Actually, I appreciate your unique perspective. I was wondering what you thought of them. One one hand, the honeycomb mesh was used on early Mustangs, whereas the '69 had the rectangular "ice cube tray" grille. That was the initial reason I wanted to use the billet grille, to play on the horizontal lines of the '69. The S197's are rather an amalgam of different year mustangs, so the honeycomb might not be as out of place as I thought. The more I look at it, the more it's growing on me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Actually, I appreciate your unique perspective. I was wondering what you thought of them. One one hand, the honeycomb mesh was used on early Mustangs, whereas the '69 had the rectangular "ice cube tray" grille. That was the initial reason I wanted to use the billet grille, to play on the horizontal lines of the '69. The S197's are rather an amalgam of different year mustangs, so the honeycomb might not be as out of place as I thought. The more I look at it, the more it's growing on me.
I took the 66 "brick pattern" grill of my 66 Mustang and replaced it with the honeycomb grill of 65, a much more refined and muscle car look....unless we're talking challengers and such :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks great and worth the high price, great choice. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
626 Posts
Wow. Don't get me wrong, because the car was great before, but that seals the deal. Those front end shots are incredible.

Better get that car inspected soon :shigrin

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Wow. Don't get me wrong, because the car was great before, but that seals the deal. Those front end shots are incredible.

Better get that car inspected soon :shigrin
i actually went back and looked and had to laugh. i can't believe you noticed that he is due for inspection next month. good one:hihi:

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
That car has got it going on. Looks really nice.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.