Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i finally joined a mustang fourm. I live in winnipeg.
so im currently building a 88 lx 5.0. 5 speed, i started the tear down 3 weeks ago. plans are paint, more power.
the mods i have done are edelbrock performer ll upper lower intake, bbk x pipe,bbk 75 mm TB, bbk cold air, clutch fan delete, air pump delete, sub frame connectors, new full 2 1/2 exhaust,75-150 shot nos,3.73 posi,msd cap and rotor, coil blaster, 8.8 mm wires,mac shorty headers.double rollor timing chain, rollor lifters.
my plans over the winter are to get the B 303 cam, and port /polish and gasket match everything,underdrive polish pulleys.
one of my questions is what kind of hp numbers will i be expecting. i was guessing around 270-280 rwhp and what wouyld be a good street tire size?
any suggestions you guys have for power upgrades,for a all motor build

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
That sounds good.. as far as horse power goes i think you will put down anywhere in the 240 to 250hp range at the tire.. stock heads are junk.. i personally put money into stock heads trying to make them better and its just a waste of time and money. I would save up for some aluminum heads instead if i were you. As for street tire size me personally am running a 245/50 tire up front and 255/50 in the rear on my 86 on pony wheels and im pretty happy with the way it looks and rides. Nice to hear that you are in winnipeg.. i just moved to brandon so im lookin to meet up with people in the area for cruises / meets etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@white86gt, so i have got alot of parts over the winter. Ended up getting 1.7 roller rockers, crane push rods, underdrive pulleys, msd coil,b cool 3 core aluminum rad 14" electric fan, adjustable thermostat, holley adjustable FPR , clutch, timing light, water pump, arp head bolts and bolt kit, and a crap load of other things.
I ended up keeping the e7 heads, had them shaved 15 thou, rebuilt, machined for 351 w valves, and some porting. It only cost me $350 a friend of mine works at a machine shop.

So i wonder what these things will do for hp.
What things have you done to yours?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
7 Posts
@88Streets, Always a bonus having a close friend that works in a machine shop.. hard to say what hp will be but it should wake it up some.. what are you running for an intake manifold? I dont have my dyno sheet around but with my stock 89 motor with cobra intake full exhaust and 3.55 gears i dyno 238rwhp and 281rwtq so i would assume you would be well over that with your mods.. car also went 13.90 @ 101mph on street tires at Mission raceway in BC.

My new mods to date are..
331 CID with Eagle rotating assembly
Eagle I beam rods
Mahle Pistons (16cc dome)
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads 1.90/1.60 valves
Crane cams 1.6 rr's
Crane cams Pushrods
Crane cams Lifters
Comp Cam Xe274HR .555/565 Lift
Cobra Intake
BBK CAI
MAF Converted running C&L 76mm
70mm TB
ARP hardware
Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix subframe connectors
SCT 4 Bank eliminator chip (Still waiting for it to show up in the mail)

Im still waiting for my high torque mini starter, the mail order tune, and my Mach 1 hood to show up so i have not started this new combo up yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts