Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have been on this forum a few years ago when I bought my first car and first 84 5.0 Mustang notch back. I sold that car and well left the forum for a while. Now Im back with an 83 5.0 Stang foxbody I name her Mallory after the ignition systems lol, its what gave her life again after all. I just bout a 5.8 351 W for a nice big block build I have planned for this to be a road racing stang of death so I will need lots of help and advice about building up my 5.8 Im looking for around 400hp+ to the wheels (possibly even a centrifugal sup. charger), all wheel disc, coil over conversion, Im looking to do my own under body braces and roll-cage or bar depends what the rules are for the tracks near me. i would assume a roll-cage since my hp will be above stock class. I am no car genius but I know some people and I know how to break some ish "the right way" and especially when Im behind the wheel. My last stang never saw the tail lights to ANY Chevy I would like this one to be feared in autocross. I will also say its good to feel some real torque again good to be back on the mustang forums.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Welcome.....

If you want an autoX'er then why would you go with a 5.8 as they are heavier and taller?

A nice 347 will get you that power and no need for a supercharger.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Oh and by the way a 351 is not a big block.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would it be a bad idea.....i already bought it now i have always been a fan of the 351 and i love the autoX racing scene figured i could make it work well have to see lol

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Of course you can make it work with no problems at all and it would be pretty easy to stroke it to a 408 and make more than 400 rwhp.

To help combat the weight a tubular k member would be a good idea, fiberglass hood and some other weight saving tricks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i had already planned for the lighter weight k members wheels hood and trunk. i wasnt sure past that maybe stripping any sound deadeners and other interior luxuries

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome back home.:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts