Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. New here (New to Ford's truth be told). Name's Tristan, I'm in school to (hopefully) be an auto mechanic. Just finished buying my first Mustang, a 1966 GT, 4 Barrel with a 4-Speed. Paid $2000 for it, albeit that may have something to do with the fact it's currently in about 3,149 pieces. Anyways, looking forward to getting to know everybody and hopefully having people on hand for when I run into difficulties later on!
:wavey

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey everyone. New here (New to Ford's truth be told). Name's Tristan, I'm in school to (hopefully) be an auto mechanic. Just finished buying my first Mustang, a 1966 GT, 4 Barrel with a 4-Speed. Paid $2000 for it, albeit that may have something to do with the fact it's currently in about 3,149 pieces. Anyways, looking forward to getting to know everybody and hopefully having people on hand for when I run into difficulties later on!
:wavey
Well you've certainly come to the right place. Welcome! Bring on the questions!

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Welcome Home to AFM! If you just match up a few parts of the 3,149 every day, you will be surprised how soon you end up with something resembling a car!

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:wavey :myhappydance: :happydancer: Welcome!!​

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm suppose to haul the car home today, then I have to figure out what's considered "stock" so I don't end up screwing up the vehicle's value.

PS, is liking Gran Torinos or GM vehicles permitted here? :laugh:

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome, Romeo! Please provide some photos as you progress along the path of the restoration project.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome, Romeo! Please provide some photos as you progress along the path of the restoration project.
I will, promise! Expect the first batch by sometime next week, right now I'm cleaning out the garage - quite a tedious process. lol

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hiya, welcome to the site.
Thanks alot! It's cool, I had belonged to Pontiac Fiero forums, which are cool in their own right, but tiny. These forums seem like if you have a question you think no one would have heard of, you'd find 20 people with answers all ready to go. It's nice having access to that kind of experience and ideas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey sorry I haven't posted the pictures yet, things have been hectic with school, clearing out room in the garage and work. Will snap some pictures as soon as I get a chance.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.