Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I bought a Camaro SS last year and traded it a couple weeks ago for a 5.0 Convertible. :)

Honestly I love both cars.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Welcome to the light side. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
174 Posts
Any particular reason why not an SS vert?

For some reason, when I first did the fantasy shopping, the online configurator for the SS/RS convertible came out massively more expensive than a similarly equipped GT premium vert. Now, the MSRP for the SS/RS comes out a tiny bit cheaper (suspect some weird bug). Because that first look came out so crazy expensive, I never even bothered to go drive one.

Strangely, my wife was really opposed to me getting a Mustang, but flat out refused to consider me getting a Camaro.

I'm curious now how'd I'd like the other side now, after reading the R&T test of both verts.

·
0 Posts
The SS verts are sexy, exterior looks better than the GT, BUT the interior is nasty and it's slower than the GT.

Go with the GT. I like my GT interior tons more than the Camaro hence why I didn't even bother looking at chevy!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Welcome abord! From all of us here in our offices blogging while our co workers think we are really focused on our work lol!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I had my stang in a car show on the 4th and a guy that owned a new black ss vert kept walking by my car. On his 3rd pass he said I had the nicest paint in the whole show. Pretty sure he wished he had gone with the stang:winks

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
awesome man, welcome aboard... but why a convertible and not a hard top... :?:

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Way to upgrade!! Welcome to AFM. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Welcome aboard and thanks for doing your part to keep Ohio's roads beautiful. :winks

·
Registered
360 Posts
awesome man, welcome aboard... but why a convertible and not a hard top... :?:
Surely you jest !

Weather is probably more suitable for a vert in Ohio than Ontario.

I have had the good fortune of ALWAYS owning convertibles as primary cars for fifty years, starting with my 1950 Merc vert.

Attachments

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I love the way the Camaros look, but I agree that the interior sucks, and the visibility is as bad as the Challenger. The interior on the 2010+ Mustangs is what I think really makes the difference...along with SYNC. I was a huge Camaro fan just based on the exterior styling before driving the two, but after driving both, the Mustang won me over.

The Mrs. loves the way the Challenger looks over all of the three, but it is so heavy and slow...plus, my boss drives one; so, that was an instant disqualifier :)

Congrats on your new ride!

·
0 Posts
I love the way the Camaros look, but I agree that the interior sucks, and the visibility is as bad as the Challenger. The interior on the 2010+ Mustangs is what I think really makes the difference...along with SYNC. I was a huge Camaro fan just based on the exterior styling before driving the two, but after driving both, the Mustang won me over.

The Mrs. loves the way the Challenger looks over all of the three, but it is so heavy and slow...plus, my boss drives one; so, that was an instant disqualifier :)

Congrats on your new ride!
Isn't next years model basically the same, but it's getting a interior upgrade? If the pics of it I have seen on the net are right, it will still look like crap compared to the Mustang.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I decided life was too short to drive around with a roof over my head so started looking at a convertible. The Mustang Verts have been out longer and I had heard nothing but good things about them. The Camaro has just came out and one comparison I've read say they were leaking.

Plus I've always been a Mustang guy so I returned to the fold. ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Isn't next years model basically the same, but it's getting a interior upgrade? If the pics of it I have seen on the net are right, it will still look like crap compared to the Mustang.
Not sure. I know basically the only change between 2010 and 2011 was the HUD. And even though I've owned Boston Acoustics speakers and subs before, I thought the sound of the Shaker 500 was better than the upgraded BA system in the Camaro.

Ford made some fantastic jumps in the 2010 (interior) and 2011 (powertrain) model years. At this point, I almost don't care about what Chevy is planning...I want to see what the 2014 and 2015 Mustangs will be :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I drove a Camaro SS convertible AFTER my Mustang was ordered just to see what it was like. I really like the exterior of the Camaro although the dimensions are too big. It's a big car! I really did not like the interior of the Camaro at all and it actually seemed smaller inside versus the Mustang. It was comfortable to drive but just looked a lot cheaper inside than the Mustang. Also, the visibility was not good at all, even with the top down. Looking thru the rear view mirror with the top down all I could see was the rear deck basically and I'm 6'0". The powertrain was impressive though and it was a fun car. I had an '03 Mustang GT convertible before and I was set on the Mustang but there was no comparison on the interior and Camaro was also too big, IMO. The Camaro and Challenger are both nice cars, but their size is not conducive to being a 'pony' car. I think GM is getting ready to change platforms with the Camaro and hopefully that will help. And they really need help redesigning the interior. I did like the HUD though.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I believe the law requires you to provide pictures...and lots of them! :winks

Welcome and congrats!:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.