Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows everyone doing? Decided I would register since I just purchased a 98 GT. It has only 60,000 miles on it and is in great condition and bone stock. I look forward to learning alot about these 4.6's since all I've ever owned was 5.0's. Here's some pics to show you what I'm working with.

·
Registered
436 Posts
welcome to the site....enjoy the stang....u lookin to mod it???

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Welcome to AFM, nice car hope your modding is fun and pain free =)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definately looking to mod it. One problem is I'm kind of tight financially as I just payed for school. Bu that should change in a couple months once I get some money saved. Where do you suggest I start?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
yea, tell me about it, cars is a very expensive hobby. once you get past buying a intake,shifter everything else is expensive lol. Saving up for 373s myself then throttle body and plenum combo 75MM

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Nice ride. I would start with exhaust. I hate a weak sounding 'Stang.

G

·
Nice stang!!! I can give u a few things to do far as mods and not very expensive either. Trust me i mod on a budget too! I would get an offroad x or h pipe. Under 200 bucks and definitely adds some power and makes it sound good too! Then i would look at some PI cams and PI intake. Between the 2, i have spent around 200 on low mileage used parts in perfect shape and that includes the necessary bolts and gaskets etc needed to do the swaps. Most of that stuff i bought new but like i said..around 200 bucks for about 25-30 horses is a good deal!! Ohh u didnt say if it was 5 speed or auto but if it is auto, id do the jmod on it. Not very expensive either..id say under 200 and it makes the tranny last longer as well as firm up the wussy shifts that ford has it doing. It makes driving the car alot more fun!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Welcome aboard and nice ride man! Feel free to ask questions and the search function works wonders too. :thumbup

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sweet! 98's rule!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
that's creepy... looks EXACTLY like my car... down to the front liscense plate, just looked silver in the picture i saw... and i have a pony front plate...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome, congrats on the purchase. :green

Recommendation on MODs:
1. shifter {STEEDA or 5.0 or UPR}
2. exhaust {depends on you taste on sound}
3. gears {dependent on future mods ... S/C or not}
4. PI swap {also dependent on future mods but good if you stay NA or centri blown}
5. Suspension {CC plates, springs, shocks and struts}

Great looking ride and hope we can help a bit on spending YOUR money. :clap :grinroll:

G

·
SMOKE said:
Welcome, congrats on the purchase. :green

Recommendation on MODs:
1. shifter {STEEDA or 5.0 or UPR}
2. exhaust {depends on you taste on sound}
3. gears {dependent on future mods ... S/C or not}
4. PI swap {also dependent on future mods but good if you stay NA or centri blown}
5. Suspension {CC plates, springs, shocks and struts}

Great looking ride and hope we can help a bit on spending YOUR money. :clap :grinroll:
Thats the best part, its his money! lol J/k.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.