Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya I just joined, cause i gotting sick of everly one picking on my six.
I had my stang for three good years and done some work (mostly bolt on stuff and dress up) and if anyone can help beat my 10s in the 1/8 I could use it.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
02 six gun said:
Hey ya I just joined, cause i gotting sick of everly one picking on my six.
I had my stang for three good years and done some work (mostly bolt on stuff and dress up) and if anyone can help beat my 10s in the 1/8 I could use it.
What's the bolt on stuff you've got?

Auto or stick?

What's your goal, and your budget?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a mac cold air intake, kar kare duals with flowmaster, apc underdrive pully,JBA 9mm spark plug wires and I got the aode auto. Im buget changes mouth to mouth the mouth of aug im looking at 500 to 700 bucks.my goal is to build the motor to push at least 300 hp w/o nos or boost of any kind.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
02 six gun said:
I got a mac cold air intake, kar kare duals with flowmaster, apc underdrive pully,JBA 9mm spark plug wires and I got the aode auto. Im buget changes mouth to mouth the mouth of aug im looking at 500 to 700 bucks.my goal is to build the motor to push at least 300 hp w/o nos or boost of any kind.
Sell the MAC intake and pick up a Demolet, or a K&N. You're definitely gonna need a chip or programmer eventually, so pick up one of those

Do you have a bunch of stereo equpment?

for 300 hp, you're gonna need a new cam, lifters,etc., and you should get a 4.2L rotating assembly. You're also gonna need to port and polish your heads and intakes.

It's not too difficult to get to 220 hp, 240-250 with the cams, is not bad, but that last 50 hp is tough.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. I think of something for last 50 hp. Do you think going fully off road exhast could help?

no just stock radio.
P.S whats wrong with the mac?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
02 six gun said:
thanks. I think of something for last 50 hp. Do you think going fully off road exhast could help?

no just stock radio.
P.S whats wrong with the mac?
it won't help enough, and if you get caught it's a pretty hefty fine. I don't think the fine & court costs are worth 5 hp, and more often, people go too big on exhaust anyway, losing hp & tq.

The 5 hp comes from Long Tube Headers, not from any exhaust restriction from cats or mufflers.

The mac is smaller than the DeMolet, and allows a lot of heat transfer. It'll also rust.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the local cops wouldn't know a off pipe from a cat if it bite them in the a**. and there never any epa check up on cars here.

You have point even the fender unit gets hot I look at the K&N cold air kit the only thing need to know is "does it come with a new mas?" thanks

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
02 six gun said:
the local cops wouldn't know a off pipe from a cat if it bite them in the a**. and there never any epa check up on cars here.

You have point even the fender unit gets hot I look at the K&N cold air kit the only thing need to know is "does it come with a new mas?" thanks
You don't really need a new MAS . . . unless you're gonna' boost it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.