Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i did a 5.0 swap into a 90 lx from a 91 gt with a 89 harness, minor splicing was needed but thats a differnt story, so i got a harness from a 90 5.0, put it in and now it idles at 2500 rpm with a check engine light, replaced the tps, iac, o2 sensors, set timing at 10, adjusted tpc to .98 volts, checked the complete harness to make sure all the plugs are going to the right spot, i found 12 volts at the red wire to the iac motor? is ths high? how do i pull codes, any suggestions would be great, thanks

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Is the host car originally a four banger? Try unplugging the IAC and see where it idles. Almost sounds more like a binding cable. How long did you let it run, it might come down after a few minutes. You really want to get ALL the wiring from one car - and there is a lot of it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idle air unplugged it idles at around 700-800, also if i unplug the spout plug it idles regular speed, either way it idles horrable, i let it run everything pluged in for about 15 min and the idle never came down, the car was a 4cyl but i got the main engine harness from a 90 and thats what the car is, the injector harness is from a 91 but all the plugs at the 10 pins are in the same spots, also i have the ecm from the 91, my biggest confusion is it ran good with the 89 harness but there was alot not hooked up, all i wired was the fuel pump- green connector, key on power and temp and oil pressure and tac wires at the gray and black connectors,

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
checked codes, koeo, just things for all the emmissions equipment missing, tried to pull codes koer cant get anything, now the car wont start, it just cranks, spark is good, injectors have power, did i toast the ecm? im so mad i want to buy a chevy!! tried to swap back to the 89 harness and it wouldent start (no fuel pump) i did that before i tried to pull codes, could it be the tfi? i read that if you crank it and the fuel pump fires its good but that seams to be not a test at all, its controlled by the ecm during cranking anyway right?
so tired of this i just want to drive it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.