Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on getting new headlights for my 02 mineral grey before spring hits, but I dont know what will look best. I want a darker look over stock, but not blacked out. Im under the impression that the factory headlights are already considered "smoked", but I cant seem to find a slightly darker set. I have looked at the ones that come with the clear reflectors, but I think they look wierd without that little bit of extra contrast that the amber gives. If any one has information about a pair of headlights that are slightly darker than stock, but with the amber reflector please let me know. Also, if anyone has any pictures of a 99-04 mineral grey stang with headlights other than stock, could you please post some pictures. I have searched google images, but I cant ever get decent results.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
if yours are in decent enough condition you could always take them to a place that does paint and have them slightly tinted. it will be quite a bit cheaper than buying new headlights and you could get just the right amount of tint that you could want.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, thats the thing. The headlights that I have are scratched/dented/fogged, not too bad but enough for me to want new ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed a set of smoked headlights from American Muscle. Smoked is darker than stock but will not dim your lights (like blackout covers). Aka the light housing is darker but the lens is still clear. They look great plus free shipping. They do not sell the clear turn signals because it’s the law to have amber turn signals. (Some cities allow for clear turn signals but very few...so few A.M. pulled the product.) I tried to buff mine out with the headlight kits, but it barely worked. If you go this route, tape off your bumper or you’ll scratch up the paint. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.