Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I drove home from the dealership with my new (ok, certified used) Mustang. 06 V6 Premium, 5-spd, tungsten gray (I think that's the color name) and black leather interior. About 31k miles.

I NEVER thought I'd enjoy the Mustang, and it was the last car I test drove. I looked at an RX-8 that I really liked and almost made an offer on, but it was a little too small on the inside (I'm 6'4", so headroom is a major consideration) and the goofy rotary engine scared me away a bit. I also drove a BMW 3-series that felt very refined, but was a little boring and long-term maintenance costs were looking to be expensive.

On a whim, I took the Mustang for a test ride and really, really liked it. The interior is fantastic and very clean. The engine has plenty of pickup for me, and will likely have more when I decide which upgrades on the intake/exhaust I want to go with. Right now, it's bone stock, but that just means it's a fresh canvas.

For now, I'm just trying to get comfortable and familiar with the car, keep it clean and read as much of these forums as I can so I can learn about all the options I have to make that car 'mine'.

Oh, and my previous car was the same ride I'd had for the last 9 years - a white 99 Sentra XE that's got about 134k miles on it. Dealer wouldn't give me jack for it, so I'll find someone who wants cheap, reliable transportation and sell it soon. I consider this a major upgrade!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
:wavey welcome to the forums and AFM, the happy place :shiny: i`ll see ya in the 05+V6 tech and 05+talk forums. it is a fun car to drive, even more so with a few mods. enjoy

·
Banned
9,216 Posts

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:wavey :myhappydance: :happydancer: Welcome!!​

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Thanks for joining the site.:bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts