Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the forums here. Lots of good info I've seen so far. Awesome site :bigthumbsup Coming from Toronto Canada.

Purchased a 2006 v6 Stang with the Pony Package hoping it would be a fun toy to upgrade. The stock performance is a little dull on these beauties, but they sure look awesome!

I'm certain buying a GT right off would give me better performance I know, but half the fun is doing as much as you can to a car and making it your own - and I nabbed this one with 50,000km (31K miles approx) with still 2 years and 50,000K warranty from the original purchase date and quite a steal!

So far I've slapped on the GT suspension bits front and rear but am looking for some suggestions. I don't want to go for a turbo kit or anything like that, but I'm positive with a bunch of simple mods combined I can take the lighter front end of this 6'er and get some better handling while outputting around what a GT does HP wise.

So far I'm eyeing -
'Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires and some new plugs
K&N cold air intake
Ford racing dual exhaust
Ford Racing t-lok and 3.73 gears

What further mods would you guys/gals recommend? There has got to be a way to get this v6 woken up a bit - it's a 4.0L for crying out loud :hihi:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Welcome Home to AFM!

For more data, post up in the 05+ V6 forums.

Lots of people trying to wring 300(GT)hp from the 4.0 over there, though few are succeeding without a power-adder (turbo, blower, nitrous)...

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:wavey :myhappydance: :happydancer: Welcome!!​