Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody i'm gona start work soon and all my money is gona go to my car so joining for advise. :D I have a 2002 Mustang and my brother a 2003 Mustang.
(mine is the one on the right.)

·
Registered
717 Posts
:wavey

Those are a couple clean looking mustangs! You will find a great deal of modding info here, plus many people will be glad to advise you if you need it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Those are both clean looking Mustangs. :bigthumbsup

You and your brother are going to have a lot of fun, just hanging' out, working on cars, and talking Mustangs. That sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm jealous. My little brother lives half way across the country, and doesn't own a 'Stang. I would love to have that kind of opportunity to hang out, and spend some quality time with him.

Good luck with the new ride. Please post pictures and keep us up to date on your mods. Most of us get a kick out of seeing what people do to their cars, and hearing their experiences.

Carl

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah me and my brother have just done some maintenance on them together. As soon as i start modding ill post them here :D my dad is also a self made mechanic so he'll help me some too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey everybody i'm gona start work soon and all my money is gona go to my car so joining for advise. :D I have a 2002 Mustang and my brother a 2003 Mustang.
(mine is the one on the right.)
Welcome :)

As far as mods go, you have two choices, performance mods, or appearance mods.
For starters on performance mods, you can put some dual exhaust which makes it sound 10x better ($500), but if you're really looking for easy hp and tq, you wanna get a tune and a CAI, I'll go ahead and recommend looking at americanmuscle.com for your tune/CAI and or any other mods you want to put on your mustangs.

Nice cars, btw :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome man. Sweet rides! Man I remember the days when me and my little bro were modding our 'Stangs.:scratchchin I had a '92 and he had a '85. Miss those times. Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome :)

As far as mods go, you have two choices, performance mods, or appearance mods.
For starters on performance mods, you can put some dual exhaust which makes it sound 10x better ($500), but if you're really looking for easy hp and tq, you wanna get a tune and a CAI, I'll go ahead and recommend looking at americanmuscle.com for your tune/CAI and or any other mods you want to put on your mustangs.

Nice cars, btw :)
First I was thinking on getting the dual exhausts and then the CAI then maybe some appearance mods and maybe new gears.
What exhausts would you recommend?

·
Registered
123 Posts
First I was thinking on getting the dual exhausts and then the CAI then maybe some appearance mods and maybe new gears.
What exhausts would you recommend?
If you get the CAI, you HAVE to get the tune. It seriously feels like a new car. Its also some of the easiest HP and tq you can get.

SCT SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (99-04 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Exhaust gets expensive, you have the type you can order, but you would need to take it to a shop and have it installed, which really brings up the bill. What saved me money was looking around the town for a muffler shop, go and talk to them about if theyd be able to custimize one for you.

If not, youre looking at Pypes Street-Pro Dual Exhaust Catback (98-04 V6 Mustang) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! which is ($415) just for the kit, and another maybe 60-75/Hr. on the shop to install it.

Also another reason you need a tune, If you do decide to go down the road of gears (Which I agree with and will help out a ton) youll need a tune to recalibrate your spedometer. (Gears make it off)

But yeah, if you need any other help dont be shy to ask. We have some of the most well educated mustangers in the world around here that would be glad to help you with any mods or questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dad got a flowmaster on his F-150 and they said they could make it dual exhaust, so I could just get them installed there. So since I'm gona need the tuner for the gears anyway that's gona be 2nd on my list together with the CAI. Then 3rd the gears and then maybe some exterior mods. Need new headlights since the ones I have are yellow and stuff. Or anyone know how yo fix em?

·
Registered
457 Posts
My dad got a flowmaster on his F-150 and they said they could make it dual exhaust, so I could just get them installed there. So since I'm gona need the tuner for the gears anyway that's gona be 2nd on my list together with the CAI. Then 3rd the gears and then maybe some exterior mods. Need new headlights since the ones I have are yellow and stuff. Or anyone know how yo fix em?
You could try a headlight restore kit. You might wanna try the mothers power ball kit. I hear it works pretty good. I used the turtle wax/sand paper kit. It worked pretty good on my '03, but a hell of a lot of hand pain. They look good, but you can still see some fogging when your close up on them. Doesn't bother me though. Got some smoked lights on my "to do" list.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I did sort of did a restoration on them and they look better but next to my brothers new headlights they look ugly. I Like the Dual Halo lights too but they're kinda expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts