Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 Speed manual, Brembos, Security, Comfort (for the wife), black leather, 3.73 rear end, Performance white.
Plan to add the decklid GT trim and tint stuff asap. Probably get a chin spoiler too.
I'm not in love with the wheels that comes with the Brembos, but after I read here that the package also includes some handling upgrades, that sealed the deal.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Great choice
Most imp option Brembos
2nd most imp option 3:73 gears.

I've thought, if I ordered one, I might paint those ugly wheels flat black to hide them somewhat.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once I get a good look at them, I may see if anyone wants to trade me their stock American racing 18" wheels. I was tempted to just bolt on some Baers or Brembos myself, but when I found out that the suspension settings get tweaked when you order the factory Brembos, game over.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh- Probably lower it too...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I see now where you live. I formerly lived in Queen Anne Hill / Interbay area.

Hope you've picked a color that will go nicely with the greenish/brown stuff that grows on the cars there. LOL.

Seriously, Hope you enjoy that new car very much.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks 197. The thing is, It's gonna be a good weather/ Summer car. By the looks of it, I may never get to drive it!!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Best of luck, good choices on the options. I test drove a 5.0 with 3.73 gears and Brembo's. You can tell the difference from my 2008 GT for sure..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ha, had to laugh when I saw your order listing. Almost exactly like I'm doing, right down to the interior and Performance White exterior. Only thing I'm not going for is the Security package. And yes, if you plan on an occasional bit of "spirited" driving, especially on twisty mountain roads, the Brembo pkg is a MUST!!
Great choice bro!! :bigthumbsup
There seems to be a lot of us newbies to this site since the 5.0 jumped out of the bag! Exciting times, indeed!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Excellent choices. The Brembo's are amazingly strong and smooth. This set up has enhanced computer tuning for the stability control. Mine has the sport mode if you click the traction control twice. That will be great for Sebring on the 19th when I let her run at full stride down the back straight and then on the Brembos for a 180 degree high speed corner.

In my opinion, minimum choices on the GT should be the 3.73's and Brembo's. But I'm a racing nut. If you plan on autocross, drivers ed or the 1320 you will be very happy with these two choices.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I figure this will be my 5th or 6th Mustang (or 7th!). I've had a 65,66,67 Convertible,68 Coupe and a 72 Convertible.
I live about a mile and a half from the Bremerton racetrack. Lot's of drag racing and SCCA events. I promised the wife that if I need to blow the cob webs out, I wont do it on the street.
Ccbusa- The security package seemed like a good deal. Motion sensor inside, trunk and hood sensors and a tilt sensor (if someone is trying to tow it) along with the wheel locks.
Twisty mountain roads? You must have been out here before, we got'em in spades!!!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dewracer- Sebring!! You lucky dog!! I grew up in West Palm Beach and we'd go over to the lakes around Sebring for summer vacations. I will need some pictures of you tearing it up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.