Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 I’m setting up for track days and just got 14” brembo’s for the front.
I’m out of town right now and am assuming the 18” rims won’t clear the rotors. Anyone know if any 18” rims will clear or do I have to go bigger?

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
welcome to the forum

Yes, some 18" wheels will clear -- for example the 18" GT500 wheels will clear those brakes, and they can be had cheap if you find then used on Craig's List or wherever. But other 18" wheels will not clear; for example Bullitt wheels generally will not clear.

It depends on the design of the wheel, not just the diameter, width and offset. The spokes need to be out toward the edge of the wheel, like they are on the old 18" GT500 wheels. Same for 19" wheels -- some will clear but some will not; they need to be wide enough, have the correct offset, and have the spokes out toward the edge; the Brembo wheels from the 2011-2012 Brembo cars are a good example of that.

Reactions: SVT Rider

·
Administrator
4,791 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
309 Posts
As Jbert mentioned, the GT500 18" wheels will clear the 14" Brembos. I run a set of GT500 (PN M-1007-S1895) wheels now, but I am looking to move on from them. They are heavy and don't allow much air circulation for brake cooling; also they are 9.5" wide whereas I am now running my track tires on 18x10.0" APEX EC7 wheels. They are a decent wheel which I have run on numerous track day events and still use for my summer/rain tire set.

If you are looking to buy a wheel for track use, I suggest looking into APEX wheels for the S197. They have excellent wheels that clear the 14" Bremebo brakes and even larger brake kits. They also do a 50% wheel replacement program if you curb them or wreck them on the track in the first 2 years of ownership. Also, they have a 15% black friday event going on right now on their flow formed wheels which is a decent deal. Check them out! Sizing and brake clearance info here:
https://support.apexraceparts.com/h...5526493-S197-Mustang-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

If you are looking for an even more extreme option, APEX just announced their forged wheels for the S197 and they have a group buy with $400 off. They have additional forged wheel sizes for the Mustang coming in Q2 2022, which has the 18x10.0" size in the EC7RS that I am looking forward to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts