Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
As Jbert mentioned, the GT500 18" wheels will clear the 14" Brembos. I run a set of GT500 (PN M-1007-S1895) wheels now, but I am looking to move on from them. They are heavy and don't allow much air circulation for brake cooling; also they are 9.5" wide whereas I am now running my track tires on 18x10.0" APEX EC7 wheels. They are a decent wheel which I have run on numerous track day events and still use for my summer/rain tire set.

If you are looking to buy a wheel for track use, I suggest looking into APEX wheels for the S197. They have excellent wheels that clear the 14" Bremebo brakes and even larger brake kits. They also do a 50% wheel replacement program if you curb them or wreck them on the track in the first 2 years of ownership. Also, they have a 15% black friday event going on right now on their flow formed wheels which is a decent deal. Check them out! Sizing and brake clearance info here:
https://support.apexraceparts.com/h...5526493-S197-Mustang-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

If you are looking for an even more extreme option, APEX just announced their forged wheels for the S197 and they have a group buy with $400 off. They have additional forged wheel sizes for the Mustang coming in Q2 2022, which has the 18x10.0" size in the EC7RS that I am looking forward to.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts