Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood was damaged by hail and now I am looking for ideas for a new one. I have a black GT without any appearance mods except deep dish chrome bullets. I like the looks of Cervinis 67 hood, but I haven't seen a pic of it on a black mustang without stripes. I am unsure if I would like the 3 points that come forward. I really like the width and low profile of it though. Any other hood suggestions?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just got Cervini 2 1/2" cowl hood on my Black 07 Gt and it's awesome :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have always loved the look of the hood on the GT500 supersnake. The closest you can get to that for a GT would be the Trufiber GTS-4 hood. I just love it but that's just me. Plus, it's functional ram air and has heat extractors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always loved the look of the hood on the GT500 supersnake. The closest you can get to that for a GT would be the Trufiber GTS-4 hood. I just love it but that's just me. Plus, it's functional ram air and has heat extractors.
I'm not sure if I'd like the way it will look without a shelby front end. I'd need to see better pics of it. I'm having a hard time finding pics of these hoods without stripes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've been wanting to get the cervini's heat extractor hood for my CS to make it a bit more like the original. But I also like the shakers and ram air ones too.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
So do you want to leave it all black, unstriped? Some hoods look better with stripes, some without (IMO), that's why I ask.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So do you want to leave it all black, unstriped? Some hoods look better with stripes, some without (IMO), that's why I ask.
Usually I prefer black mustangs without stripes, but I've seen some with dark silver/grey stripes that looked really good. And I totally agree some hoods look better with than without. Right now though I think I want a hood that looks good without.

What are some opinions on the trufiber rtf hood. I'm not sure about the chrome vents though.

Mustang RTF Fiberglass Functional Heat Extractor Hood

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Usually I prefer black mustangs without stripes, but I've seen some with dark silver/grey stripes that looked really good. And I totally agree some hoods look better with than without. Right now though I think I want a hood that looks good without.

What are some opinions on the trufiber rtf hood. I'm not sure about the chrome vents though.

Mustang RTF Fiberglass Functional Heat Extractor Hood
I think that hood looks great :bigthumbsup
BUT, I would be worried about what would be getting wet through those vents in the rain. But if you don't drive in the rain go for it. If you do, I say keep looking.

And I'm with you on the stripes...a black car, if it has stripes, they need to be silver or grey. :bigthumbsup

I like the Cervini Heat Extractor hood myself...but here are some thumbnails of some of their other hoods, too.

Cervini's Auto Design :: Search page

Edit: red car in middle of page has the heat extractor hood, which has drip pans for water - I think?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think that hood looks great :bigthumbsup
BUT, I would be worried about what would be getting wet through those vents in the rain. But if you don't drive in the rain go for it. If you do, I say keep looking.

And I'm with you on the stripes...a black car, if it has stripes, they need to be silver or grey. :bigthumbsup

I like the Cervini Heat Extractor hood myself...but here are some thumbnails of some of their other hoods, too.

Cervini's Auto Design :: Search page

Edit: red car in middle of page has the heat extractor hood, which has drip pans for water - I think?
I currently have the heat extractor hood, and the vents do have removable caps. Personally I still haven't taken the caps off as I haven't had the need to remove excess heat from the engine bay.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i want to get the cervinis heat extractor hood. the one that looks like the GT500s. i had the 2.5in before and it looked pretty sharp, but this time i want to go a different route.

T

·
0 Posts
I like that RTF hood, but when it comes time to buy a hood, i'm in love with this one. Its the Trufiber/Trucarbon SVT style hood. a little on the expensive side, but there's a fiberglass version also. the carbon fiber one is ready to be put on, or you can get it painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I currently have the heat extractor hood, and the vents do have removable caps. Personally I still haven't taken the caps off as I haven't had the need to remove excess heat from the engine bay.
Do you have any pictures of your hood? My entire car was damaged in a hell storm too so I'm looking for a new hood as well.

I like that RTF hood, but when it comes time to buy a hood, i'm in love with this one. Its the Trufiber/Trucarbon SVT style hood. a little on the expensive side, but there's a fiberglass version also. the carbon fiber one is ready to be put on, or you can get it painted.
You may have just sold me on that hood. Do you have any clearance issues with the s/c? Do you know if the fiberglass version has the same demensions? Also any more pictures?

T

·
0 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your hood? My entire car was damaged in a hell storm too so I'm looking for a new hood as well.

You may have just sold me on that hood. Do you have any clearance issues with the s/c? Do you know if the fiberglass version has the same demensions? Also any more pictures?
I do not actually have this hood, but from the looks of it, the way its raised up so high in the middle, i dont see there being any clearance issues. I dont know the dimensions exactly but i've attached pics of both the carbon fiber one and the fiberglass. looks the same to me. 1st two pics are the CF one. (and that trucarbon sticker on that hood doesnt actually come ON the hood) the next 2 pics are a fiberglass one. the last pic is another hood that i've had saved on my desktop for a couple years. its the APR hood. Its not on their website, but i emailed them and they'll sell it for 675. all these hoods are also functional, with their vents in the best place to let heat out of the engine bay.

jerzystang, does that hood interfere with the coolant tanks at all? I love that hood, but it looks like the vents would be really close to my engine or s/c coolant tanks. especially if i buy bigger aftermarket ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
jerzystang, does that hood interfere with the coolant tanks at all? I love that hood, but it looks like the vents would be really close to my engine or s/c coolant tanks. especially if i buy bigger aftermarket ones.
I don't have any clearance issues but I have a completely stock engine set up, not even a cai. I haven't taken the underhood caps off to see how close the vents go to the engine, so I'm not sure how close the vents actually come to any underhood components. I sure a quick call to cervinis would answer any questions about aftermarket parts interfering with the hood.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Should have a group buy on hoods. My hood got hit too. That hail sure makes a mess. I really wanted a saleen hood but they dont make them anymore, the true fiber rtf is close. I think i'm going with the cdc foose hood.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts