Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very happy with it all....nice deep, throaty sound! Coming soon....JLT Carbon Fiber CAI and Bama's SCT Custom Tunes!!! Damn CAI is on backorder :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love the price of the FRPP x-pipe. However, I read on another board that they had some fitment issues. Did you have any trouble putting on the FRPP x-pipe? What is your axel back setup and do you have any drone with the combination of x-pipe and mufflers?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the delay....Modular Depot in Kentucky installed the hardware for me. I was there and there didn't seem to be any issues. You'll obviously have to cut the old pipes to get the x-pipe on and tap a little with the hammer to fit em in but no issues. The axel back is also FRPP. The sound is great and absolutely no drone at highway speeds...almost as quiet as stock. Definately not when I give it some gas though!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lowered! :winks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Awesome!:bigthumbsup I love the lowered look.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
it looks nice lowered and i bet it sounds great too

·
Registered
127 Posts
Any issues with stock struts and those springs? How do you like the ride?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far the ride's great. I wasn't expecting much of a difference since I was mostly going for looks with that mod but handling seems much better...especially in cornering. A bit stiffer ride but the handling makes up for that. I've taken it around some familiar curves and it's definately handling those better. I've been paying attention to feel and sound and am pretty happy right now. I didn't get caster/camber plates because there's been mixed feedback on that for a 1" drop. I had it realigned after lowering it.

As far as the exhaust sound..I'm happy there as well. I can't really hear that sound tube anymore - kinda makes it irrelevant at this point. CAI and tune later down the road...

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Looks AWESOME! Enjoy the twisty's at a much higher speed now too!! :bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts