Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where i can find new door panels and dash pieces to replace my grey panels for black ones.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Dealer car lot after hours, but make sure there are no security personnel or surveillance cameras covering the area.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I was wondering this as well... My wife wants to change her interior from the tan to the black or gray. Carpet is easy to find for our cars as are seats. But the rest is not so easy to find.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dupli-Color makes a spray for changing the interior color. And they have a chart somewhere to determine which pieces need to be primed first and which don't

I can tell you I have a can of the flat black, and did my gray side mirror covers(the little triangle pieces)

They came out great, and after a day or 2 in the heat of the car, they are scratch resistant, you can did your nail into it and it does nothing.

I'm a little hesitant to continue, until I do some more tests, I think I'll do the lower part of the center console next, then the sides of the dash center/radio console. Pieces that wouldn't be too expensive to replace if it doesn't work :p

Official Ford interior door panels are like $600 each. I can imagine replacing all the parts costs a fortune.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dupli-Color makes a spray for changing the interior color. And they have a chart somewhere to determine which pieces need to be primed first and which don't

I can tell you I have a can of the flat black, and did my gray side mirror covers(the little triangle pieces)

They came out great, and after a day or 2 in the heat of the car, they are scratch resistant, you can did your nail into it and it does nothing.

I'm a little hesitant to continue, until I do some more tests, I think I'll do the lower part of the center console next, then the sides of the dash center/radio console. Pieces that wouldn't be too expensive to replace if it doesn't work :p

Official Ford interior door panels are like $600 each. I can imagine replacing all the parts costs a fortune.

whats the name of the paint? i just read this and now i think it is a must for my car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.