Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new gt500 wheel,Boss gauge pod, and aluminum dash! Looks and feels great! Makes a base interior soooooo much nicer. Now I want the leather seats and that would give me the ''premium'' feel for a fraction of the price.

DSCN0642.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
That looks awesome and that exactly what i want to do with mine when it comes in. Did you do the install yourself or pay someone else?
If you got someone else I was wondering how much it cost to have installed

·
Registered
53 Posts
my car is the premium and it has all that stuff likt the aluminum dash and the other aluminum and chrome stuff, along with leather seats... and i love it. it makes the car look so much nicer and it brings back the retro styling even more

·
Registered
37 Posts
That looks awesome and that exactly what i want to do with mine when it comes in. Did you do the install yourself or pay someone else?
If you got someone else I was wondering how much it cost to have installed
Now you need to check us out!

Ford & Mustang Club of Acadiana, we meet the 2rd Wed. night of every month at Logan's SteakHouse in Lafayette.....:bigthumbsup

Ricky

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Looks very nice. There are lots of places you can get the leather done and I suspect the price can be haggled a bit. I "paid threw the nose" for the premium, but that's cause I'm old and lazy...:winks

Well done!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Installed new gt500 wheel,Boss gauge pod, and aluminum dash! Looks and feels great! Makes a base interior soooooo much nicer. Now I want the leather seats and that would give me the ''premium'' feel for a fraction of the price.

View attachment 135094

View attachment 135095
Nice!! I love the feel Of the GT500 steering wheel! :bigthumbsup How much was the Boss gauge pod and what did it cost to have it installed?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Looks great! The steering wheel is awesome.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Now you need to check us out!

Ford & Mustang Club of Acadiana, we meet the 2rd Wed. night of every month at Logan's SteakHouse in Lafayette.....:bigthumbsup

Ricky
That's awesome, I will def be checking that out from now on.
Especially when mine comes in!! :winks

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
that looks really nice :bigthumbsup what gauges are they?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! I put the dash and wheel on myself and my brother in law helped me put the pod and gauges in.They are prosport water temp,volt,and oil pressure gauges.They are too long for the pod but I don't care.So it only cost me a lunch!I got the aluminum dash off Craigslist for 150 bucks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
"Holly Japan"! A dumbing down in tastes.

They used to put the JC Whitney universal 3 gauge panel........"under the dash" for a reason. Now they call it a pod and put it top and center and say, "dig me"!:nogrinner

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think under the dash would be awesome but my legs barely even fit under the dash much less anything else!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
They used to put the JC Whitney universal 3 gauge panel........"under the dash" for a reason. Now they call it a pod and put it top and center and say, "dig me"!:nogrinner
Not at all the same thing, pod not the same as a panel where the gauges hang out in the open.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not at all the same thing, pod not the same as a panel where the gauges hang out in the open.
.....That would be the "reason" in the post. I get the concept, the wiring is hidden by the pod inclosure. Under the dash panels nobody cared about exposure. Just wanted to rial up the stuff on top of dash crowd!:)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Theres always the roush air vent gauge, which is a clean look a fit for those who were interested in gauges.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
6,803 Posts

View attachment 135094

View attachment 135095
That's flippin' sweet!

Curse you! Making me want to spend more money! And on WHAT??? A V6!!! :gringreen

Meanwhile, here's my only interior mod.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.