Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, got a new optimus L9 and it won't see or pair with SYNC.
Can anyone point me in the right direction like resetting sync defaults or updating the car or phone.
so far I deleted the samsung and blackberry from SYNC in case it had a 2 phone limit.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
There is a Sync rep here on AFM. You could try PM-ing them. Also, I think there is an update for Sync. Are you running the latest software?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
I had a heckuva time getting my blackberry to pair with Sync bluetooth. I played with all the different options -- making it discoverable, doing it in different directions (phone to sync, sync to phone) etc. . . . . after trying the same thing over and over, it finally worked. No ryme or reason to it, just keep trying and fiddling and eventually it will work (hopefully)

microsoft product and non-microsoft-product not getting along until you beat them up a bit, I guess

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
Hey everyone,

I was out of the office this morning, but I'm here now! I'm the SYNC rep that jerry9665 was talking about. Thanks for the mention. :)

If any of you ever experience connection issues, here is a list of helpful troubleshooting tips: Troubleshooting tips for SYNC and SYNC with MyFord | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com

Hello, got a new optimus L9 and it won't see or pair with SYNC.
Can anyone point me in the right direction like resetting sync defaults or updating the car or phone.
so far I deleted the samsung and blackberry from SYNC in case it had a 2 phone limit.
Hi OmegaV6,

Removing the battery from your phone and replacing it will improve your connection with SYNC. After you've done that, try a reverse pair: How to Reverse Pair your SYNC & Phone | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com If you're still having trouble after doing this, let me know exactly what's happening. I'll provide some more troubleshooting.

Kim

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kim I was able to pair in the direction of the phone finding sync. Sync will not find this phone model but I was able to pair from the menu on sync where it displays a security key.

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
Thanks Kim I was able to pair in the direction of the phone finding sync. Sync will not find this phone model but I was able to pair from the menu on sync where it displays a security key.
Thanks for keeping me in the loop. :) I'm glad you're all hooked up now. Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions in the future.

Kim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts