Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm a new member to this forum. I've got an '06 Pony Package on the way and this site is great.

Speaking of the Pony Package, the stuff at the dealer mentioned GT inspired suspension, rear sway bar, GT steering gear ... but the Ford website does not mention any of that. Also, the sheet at the dealer showed wheels that looked like the premium V6 wheels but said they were 17", however, everything else shows Bullitt wheels on the Pony Package.

Has anyone got there Pony yet? Are there any suspension upgrades?

G

·
Welcome! I dont have an 06 pony so I can't answer those questions but welcome to the sight and I'd be very happy owning a brand new stang like you. Good luck and have fun!!! :wavey

·
Registered
51 Posts
06 Pony

pbatour said:
Hello All,

I'm a new member to this forum. I've got an '06 Pony Package on the way and this site is great.

Speaking of the Pony Package, the stuff at the dealer mentioned GT inspired suspension, rear sway bar, GT steering gear ... but the Ford website does not mention any of that. Also, the sheet at the dealer showed wheels that looked like the premium V6 wheels but said they were 17", however, everything else shows Bullitt wheels on the Pony Package.

Will let you know on Saturday when I pick mine up. The other Mustang forum site http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/ has lots on the 06 V6 Pony. They claim that it has suspension upgrades. I don't know if I could tell without having the GT and V6 up on a lift.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
pbatour said:
Hello All,

The new-for-2006 V-6 "Pony Package" includes a customized grille with GT-style round fog lamps and a chrome bezel or "corral" around the traditional Mustang prancing horse. Backing up this visual upgrade is a GT-inspired suspension featuring a larger front stabilizer bar, the addition of a rear stabilizer bar and P235/55ZR17 tires on painted cast-aluminum wheels. With bright machined rims and unique tri-bar Pony center caps, these are the largest wheels and tires ever fitted to a V-6 Mustang

http://www.stangnet.com/2005-Mustang/2006-ford-mustang-2.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll check out the Pony Package forum. I couldn't tell without taking a look either. I'm going to look for the rear sway bar when mine comes in. It's due Oct. 12. I'm supposed to have a VIN on Sept. 12.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts