Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started life as a 95 Mustang LX Convertible, 3.8L EFI V6, 5 Speed Manual

I bought this car new in Tulsa Ok Other than a great looking convertible; there was nothing really special about the car. After accumulating around 98,000 miles, a blown head gasket prompted me to decide to make a change!

The stock 3.8L wasn’t very thrilling and I wanted more ‘Get Up and Go’! Also being a bit of a nonconformist, I wanted to do something a bit unique that would stand out among the usual 5.0 and 4.6L V8 crowd.

After surfing the web I found a couple of guy’s that had swapped in a Thunderbird SC 3.8L motor. One in particular listed an inventory of the parts necessary to complete the conversion along with his experiences in completing the swap.

A stock Thunderbird Super Coupe 3.8L Supercharged V6 was rated at 210 HP and 315 lb-ft of torque. Not a horsepower beast, but with that amount of torque in a lighter Mustang, it should be pretty quick!

After shopping around I ended up ordering a Long Block from Precision Motors in Houston Texas. They built me a 95 SC long block, stroked out to 4.2L. Most of the necessary thunderbird parts, Pulleys, brackets, supercharger, injectors, radiator, intercooler, etc. needed to retrofit to my mustang, I acquired on EBay and at my locale auto parts retailers.

It took about 4 months to complete the swap finishing up with a Dyno-Tune at Dallas Mustang (Dallas Texas).

F.U.N. to Drive!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Very nice clean swap! Car looks great. And I thought I was adventurous doing a T:grinroll: swap...lol

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Car looks real nice. Welcome aboard.:yelwacko:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts