Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch and release bearing problems. Is anyone else having them?
I have a 2005 GT with air intake, larger throttle body, exhaust upgrades, suspension upgrades, sct livewire tuner and triple threat nitrous jetted to 100hp. It ate my factory clutch and I have replaced it with a centerforce coupled with a RAM release bearing set up. I used a dial indicator to set up the shims on my bearing but 3 times now it has blown out the oring seal and dumped brake fluid into my bellhousing. I called RAM and they were no help. Has anyone else had problems like this when upgrading their clutch? Also the centerforce clutch is extremely noisey and I am very sorry I ever installed it. Any suggestions ?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
welcoem to the pages! did you have your flywheel resurfaced? did you then clean it and the pressure plate with brake parts cleaner?

maybe u got a bad connection at the slave cylnder, or is that only on us 6 ers?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
:welcomeflowers: to the forum. Hope someone can chime in and help you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks for the reply and intrest in my problem, yes I had the flywheel sent out to a race shop and resurfaced and I have had to clean my clutch twice now. The RAM release bearing comes with all new ss braided lines and they are not leaking it is coming form the oring seal that the hydralic portion of the bearing slides on, I am going to try a heavier more dense oring from a high pressure system hoping that it will help. the materials that RAM is using is very cheap even though the cost of the unit is very high.
Thanks again and their isnt anything wrong with the V6's we all can have just as much fun out on the streets.
Mine just might sound alittle meaner. lol jk Let me know if you see anyone else having similar problems or if you need any help with your project. Im learning the tunes but I specialize in fiberglass fabrication and stereo's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey hotshot thanks for the welcome

Looking forward to hanging out with everyone here and learning some new things about my car. Sounds like you have very nice mustang Ill have to get some pics up on here soon. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome aboard:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.