Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
My name is don from Massachusetts, and just got a new 2011 Mustang GT. I have had a 1993 and a 2001 Lightning, a 2003 SVT Focus, a few other Fords and currentlly own a 1977 Bronco

For some reason they won't let me post pictures of my new Mustang in the official picture thread, tried twice last week, but the post never showed up, so figured would start my own thread

Some of you may know me from my 10 second Lightning that I races all over the east coast, or from the Lightning forums. Well it is sold, and I am now a proud Mustang owner

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Congrats and welcome. You will love the stang. You sure do love the silver dont you? I remember seeing your lightning...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice! The silver looks great but I guess you could say I'm a bit biased!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted Orange, but can't get it unless you get a Boss
So silver was my 2nd choice

wanted to go orange to match the bronco

I am undecided, if I should do the same chrome illusion paint that the lightning had, or a ghost slightlly darker silver boss stripe

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
welcome to the board. your car is beautiful but Im partial to Ingot silver :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I love the Ingot. Congrats!

·
Banned
902 Posts
After snagging a silver Merc Grand Marquis as my winter car, I really like the color on the Mustang (never owned this color).

Congrats!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome. Nice Stang, now for the real question....What are you going to do to her( other than a stripe)?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Beautiful Mustang and Bronco. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome. Nice Stang, now for the real question....What are you going to do to her( other than a stripe)?
well the Borla touring cat back came in today
Once I get that installed I am taking it to Tasca Ford for a L&M throttle body, a K&N filter, and a tune

Those who know me from my lightning, know I can't leave anything stock

·
Registered
349 Posts
well the Borla touring cat back came in today
Once I get that installed I am taking it to Tasca Ford for a L&M throttle body, a K&N filter, and a tune

Those who know me from my lightning, know I can't leave anything stock
I'd like to hear what you think of those Borla Touring .

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to hear what you think of those Borla Touring .
Got the Borla touring installed yesterday afternoon, it sound so sweet. At idle just a tiny bit louder than stock, and a little deeper sound, but at idle you can't really hear it in the car. At light throttle has a nice mellow rumble, but not loud at all, just a sweet deeper sound. Though when you get on it is much louder than stock, but not too loud.

Cruisin on the highway you can hear it a a slight rumble, but no drone in the car.

You can tell it isn't stock, nice deep sound, but doesn't draw attention to your vehical. I drove by a few cops directing traffic and they didn't even turn there head. So if your like me and want a nice deep sound, but want to be subtle about it, this is the exhaust for you.

I talked to the guys at the mod shop at tasca ford, I wasn't impressed with what they told me about how the program the automatic, they told me they don't really do anything to the programing for the automatic, and the engine tune will be all I want. So I just called JDM (who I have a long time succesfull relationship) ordered a L&M Throttle body, and a SCT programer with a street and race tune

I talked to Jim about what, or how I want the automatic transmission programed, and he told me that preety much how he programs the trans.

He is going to get them out out for me today, and next day air the tunner and the throttle body to me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.