Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hello!

I just thought I'd give a shoutout and introduce myself.

I just bought my second Mustang. My first car was a blue 1978 Ford Mustang and the owner that had it before me drove it into the ground. I did my best to pamper it and take care of it but was in high school and had limited time back then. (15 yrs ago)

Last night I purchased a new red 2006 Ford Mustang GT - V8 and I'm absolutely loving it! I traded in my 1997 Red Mercury Tracer which had 110hp ... moving to a 2006 Ford Mustang GT with 300hp just about snapped me in half when I drove it. OMG! This is my first fast car and I'm still learning the ropes.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some tips from you experts out there and get some good modding tips and make some friends along the way.

This new Red Mustang - V8 of mine has already spanked me back in line twice with the surprising amount of power it has.

My wife wants to drive it soo bad. I'm not sure ... I've seen her drive. :eyebulge:

I'll post some pics as soon as I get some laters.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

Yea that's a huge upgrade in power there :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
hello from a fellow Wichitan!!! what side of town are u on? u probly bought ur car from Mel Hambleton or Rusty Eck didnt u? lol..i figured it would have to be one of the two..but i could be wrong. so where are u at in the city...maybe ill see u around someday...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
06'Red-Mustang said:
Hello hello!

I just thought I'd give a shoutout and introduce myself.

I just bought my second Mustang. My first car was a blue 1978 Ford Mustang and the owner that had it before me drove it into the ground. I did my best to pamper it and take care of it but was in high school and had limited time back then. (15 yrs ago)

Last night I purchased a new red 2006 Ford Mustang GT - V8 and I'm absolutely loving it! I traded in my 1997 Red Mercury Tracer which had 110hp ... moving to a 2006 Ford Mustang GT with 300hp just about snapped me in half when I drove it. OMG! This is my first fast car and I'm still learning the ropes.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some tips from you experts out there and get some good modding tips and make some friends along the way.

This new Red Mustang - V8 of mine has already spanked me back in line twice with the surprising amount of power it has.

My wife wants to drive it soo bad. I'm not sure ... I've seen her drive. :eyebulge:

I'll post some pics as soon as I get some laters.

Kansas in da' houuuuuse!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome. I let my wife drive my '05 the night we got it and she came home talking about the Camaro she picked a race with. (She won, of course.) Just in case this helps you make up your mind about letting your wife drive yours.:)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome! I know what you mean about letting your wife drive, I only let my husband drive the Stang when I'm in the car! No solo trips! Truth is, he doesn't want to drive it, says I'm way to particular.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red99Stang said:
hello from a fellow Wichitan!!! what side of town are u on? u probly bought ur car from Mel Hambleton or Rusty Eck didnt u? lol..i figured it would have to be one of the two..but i could be wrong. so where are u at in the city...maybe ill see u around someday...
South Wichita - Seneca/MacArthur area is where I am. Funny ... I didn't know there were so many folks in the area on this board. How fun! :happyhapp

Purchased my new 'Stang @ Mel Hambleton Ford btw.

I think I managed to solve the wife driving my car problem. Last time I drove with her with me she said, "Ok ... that's it. This car scares me. Plain and simple." I think she's terrified of it because I asked her if she wanted to drive it ... only answer I got was her shaking her head 'no' vigerously.:scream:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts