Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hows it going everybody. The name is Conner, and I am here for the same reason as everyone else. I love my mustang and I love working on it. I currently drive a Mineral Grey 2001 GT drop top. I have made a few minor mods, nothing spectacular, I have put the updated PI intake on my stang, I would have looked into doing something different but the factory one broke (I have an early 2001 w/ plastic crossover pipe). I have MSD coil packs installed w/ irridium spark plugs. Bear cross drilled and slotted rotors & flowmaster mufflers welded in. I'm finally able to start doing some work to her again and am here looking for advice. I was a tech for a few years at a dealership and jumped ship due to the economy, being an apprentice tech during the recession was not a wise choice, even my mentor was urging me to go back to college. I have had four mustangs since I have been able to drive and they have been an 89 5.0L notchback, a 92 5.0L GT, a 2000 GT, and my current 2001 GT drop top. I love mustangs they are fun to work on and of coarse its a mustang! ;-) I can do all the repair and maintenance no problem, however making the correct choice for aftermarket performance parts is where my confidence begins to dwindle and could use some solid help in making a wise decision. I have a general idea of what I want to do with her, but as far as the technical complications that different mods could bring to the surface make me a little hesitant to do anything. So any and all advice will be greatly appreciated and valued.

Conner

G

·
Welcome to AFM! A good place to start would be in our 4.6 sections.

4.6 Mustang Forum | AllFordMustangs.com

You can see what other members are running mod-wise and go from there. If you have stock gears you might think about that first. Are you auto or manual? a set of 4.10s or 3.73s respectively would be a good pop. Obviously no hp gain but sotp dyno loves gears!

Browse around and keep us posted!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Welcome to AFM. Have any pictures? This is a great site to find out everything your asking about your mustang.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I currently have a 5 speed. I have contemplated putting in a 6 speed, and if i were to put a 6 speed in would 4.10's or 3.73's still work well with the 6 speed, or should I look at something different? or should i just abandon the 6 speed idea all together and stick with a 5 speed?

And I attached some pictures, the chrome is pealing on the inside of the rim where the bead makes contact so I have to replace the saleen rims, I am thinking about going with FR500 rims instead. I don't see those around here at all. And no i didn't put the cobra center caps in the saleen rims, that was the previous owner lol

Attachments

G

·
Nice pics! FR500's would be a good choice for wheels on your car. If it were me I'd just stick with the 5 speed and spend money on other mods... just my .02.
:bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts