Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hihi: Hi Everyone, I am a first time Mustang owner and I hope you all will not get tired of hearing from me or the dumb questions I ask. I have no experence with the modular style motors. I am a old man that loves working on older cars and trucks. I have no offical training just shade tree type :heha:. I purchase my 2006 Mustang GT used in Oct 2010 with a little over 52,000 miles on it, it had a few mods already done on it and I have had a few problems with it since then, but so far I have been able to work the problems out and the car is running great. I have done a little underhood dress-up mods and exterior mods to it. I have lived here in South Korea for a little over 18 years now and hopefully will be returning state side in a couple more years. :?: To get things started, here is my first dumb question; Sparkplugs: I went to change my plugs the other day, I pulled the coil-over, I looked down inside the well, there seems to be another sleeve or insert there over the sparkplug, I tried to pull this out with some needlenose pliers but they just slip off. How do you get this sleeve out? Hope this doesn't make me look too dumb! Thanks for any help provided.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
:kooky: Welcome to AFM. :yup: There should not be anything else in there. As longer as you removed the coil there should only be the sparkplug. Carefull with these plugs for they sometimes break off when being removed. Didnt have any probs though when I replaced the ones in the 07 Stang.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks msmassey for the welcome, Thats what I was thinking, but when I look down the well I don't see a sparkplug, it's like a real small prob sticking up in the center that the coil rubber connects to, I tried putting the sparkplug socket in but it just twrills around. Yeal I have read up a lot on the removal of the plugs and their problems, but whats down in the plug well looks nothing like a sparkplug.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
In the 07 I had to use a deep socket with an extension to take them out. Wouldnt think there would be anything different on an 06.
Maybe you can take a picture of it and attach it so we can see what your seeing.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
By the way you might want to post the sparkplug question in the tech section for your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts