Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys i have been reading your forum for a few weeks and i decided to purchase a diablo predator for my mustang, works great, but i dont no how to tweek it. I want to set it for firm shifting but im not sure of the adverse affects it may have on the transmission. I also am looking into the better CAI that is compatible with my predator, i have not seen to many problems with airaid, any comments will help. I am also looking into an exhaust system borla stingers.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome to the site.:smilie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re

thanks for the info, I was worried i would overheat the transmission, someone had told me i needed to buy a tranmission cooler and a few other items to avoid blowing the transmission.

S

·
0 Posts
The new autos are pretty stout and unless you're powerbraking and launching hard every 5 seconds you'll be fine.

What CAI do you have now? Really, any of the top names will do you well.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I just have the drop in K&N, but I'm trying to find a CAI that would be compatible with my Diablo Sport Tuner. I was Looking at a K&N but I heard that C&L was better and that Airaid was right up with it I'm willing to spend up to $350.00. any comments and or personal experience will be a great help.:)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Welcome to AFM!!! I would go with the C&L or the Steeda. The C&L seems to be the most poular right now.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I did the JLT/diablo combo with Doug from Bamachips 93 octane race tune and it came out great. Best bang for the buck imo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I originally wanted to go with the jlt and the predator jlt tune but i have heard of quite a few tuner related problems , for some reason my predator does not have a c&l tune how would i go about getting the tune?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.