Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im new to this and would like some help please. I have a 1992 Mustang 2.3L and am having a problem with getting fire to left coil pack. I have replaced coil pack and had the ICM tested and it is good still no spark. Code came up 218 loss of IDM signal to left coil

car starts and runs but only the right coil pack fires and tachometer doesnt work. Can anyone please help me with this.

·
Registered
283 Posts
try replacing the crank position sensor and test the wires going to it also.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Its not the crank sensor its the controll module not firing the coil pack . It includes the ignition DEVIDER and coil pack offset ignition coil pack circuits. They go bad all the time DUDE. Peace Tom

·
Registered
24 Posts
tom renzo is right i had the same issue just recently with the same code but the bad part is a new unit costs 130 give or take 10 bucks

·
Registered
800 Posts
is the control module the powertrain control module thats adjacent to the front passenger floor board?
i am pretty sure what youre looking at is the computer itself. this is not the icm. the icm is a large-ish black box like thing mounted on the passenger side strut tower under the hood. this is what you will need to replace.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well. I kind of had a simular issue but i dont know what the code was.. I tested my Ignition Control Module at autozone and it failed. Its a gray chip thing mounted on the intake manifold.. it has two plugs in it. One on the top and one on the bottom. Its in plain view from the front of the vehicle. it cost about 130 give or take.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i am pretty sure what youre looking at is the computer itself. this is not the icm. the icm is a large-ish black box like thing mounted on the passenger side strut tower under the hood. this is what you will need to replace.

That's not the ICM (Ignition Control Module) on the strut tower. That's the IRCM (Integrated Relay Control Module).

BIG DIFFERENCE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.