Votes: 0 0.0%
  • boss c stripe

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and i own a 1970 mustang project. the mustang was a blown big block car that used to tear up the tracks, a 1/4 mile at a time, and then the car was retired sometime in the mid 1990's-early 2000's. i found the car in craigslist for $3,200, i only had $900 so i dont even know why i went 100 miles round trip to go LOOK at a mustang, after all i knew nothing about them as im a corvette guy. a mile down the road was a 1971 mach 1 428 with a standard that was gold and black just like the real Elanor, the only problem was that it was 1 foot in the ground and it was parked under a tree which had its roots growing through it, it was so rusty that i opened the door and the hinge broke. so i passed and headed down to the other one. as soon as i saw it, i knew it was meant to be my car. it had a clean body for the most part, amazing interior[ removed/stored during racing years], no visible rust other than light surface rust. i talked to my dad, he hates fords but this car had him excited too, we discussed it said offer him 900 knowing that he would not accept it and that he would be pretty firm, but i offered 900 cash, he came back and said 1000 bucks. then i came back and got the car and have been restoring it ever since. im going to try to figure out how to upload pics on here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
70 stang

Hey there, sounds like you got a lucky one. I've been to check out 3 1970's and a 1971, in hopes of buying. They're all unrestored and I just wanted one to attempt a complete restore. Well,the other three sold since..but the first mustang is still there,sittin under a barn without rust and needing an overhaul.I said to myself, it needs a lot of work,but I know what I'm doing. The guy that owns that boss wont sell to me, because he doesn't have a title for it. I'm currently talking to a friend to see if there's any chance of getting it titled. I think the 70 stang is one of the three mustangs. 302/429

1 - 2 of 2 Posts