Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I own a 1989 mustang GT 5.0 the car has under 24k and still have the turbine rims.
My question are:

I am purchasing a set of staggared SC rims without tires from cruising concepts.

If I go with a SC 17/10 rim on back which would be the largest tire I could mount back there without modifications? my car is stock but needs a new look... I was thinking 315/35/17?

As far as the fronts I am purchasing sc 17/9 and putting 245/45/17 on.
I don’t plan on rotating these so I don’t mind the staggered look
I have seen the new 4 lug sc listed but need confirmation about the proper tire size for the rear.

IE I would like to put as much rubber on the ground as possible
I bought this 89 GT new off the showroom as in mint condition, just want to put the old turbines away for awhile.

Utimatly I plan on tricking this pony out shes been idled long enough..
:headscratch:

any suggestions out there?
Thanks in advance
</SPAN>

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:hello: and :welcome , Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:
Be sure to post some pictures into your gallery soon!!

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the BIG hello
as soon as I get this all figured out and new rims on I popst up some pic
Cya

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site

·
Registered
7 Posts
RE: tire sizes

here is the deal. sure that sounds great, but :nono: remember, if the go too far they will rub when you lean into a corner! especially if you lower the car. i did and now i cant drive it like i stole it!! i have cobra R rims on mine and with 45's all the way around, i have 245 in the front and 275's in the back!! and trust me, there is NO wiggle room on the inside offset. they actually stick a quarter inch out of the fenders!!! sure it looks key, but not when the tires are getting chunks ripped out of them from the wheel wells!!! try armoralling those craters!!

chris

1987 asc mclaren
cobra "r" rim job & brake kit
500 h.p.
guaranteed smile or your money back.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
315's are some ginormous tires, they will not fit on a Fox without mini tubs. 275's are the widest you should go with if you don't want to do some heavy modifications to the shock arrangement, the fenders, and the floor of the hatch area.
For the front, 245's will probably rub when you turn the wheel to the locks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.