Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone in Mustang land. I am currently trying to fix a problem with the wife's 2004 Mustang Convertible. We have been having some torrential rains in Eastern VA lately and she has found a puddle in the drivers side rear floorboard and also in the passenger side trunk. We even put a car cover on it yesterday since we were expecting more rain and it still had puddles. Now granted the cover isn't a rainproof cover but still that much rain got in. I think I know why the trunk is puddling but not sure why or how it is getting in on the interior drivers side. Has anyone had this problem and what was their fix for it? Any help help would be greatly appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! How does the rear curtain look? The material tends to separate from the rear glass and is a prime spot for water to get in. Even if it doesn't look obvious the leaks can be there. Pay close attention to the rubber seals on the quarter windows. They tend to break apart a bit and can let water in there which can pool in the rear footwells. Try running a hose around the suspected areas and see if you can see any water coming in. Ahhh... the joys of owning the droptops. Keep us posted and thanks for joining!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and someplace to start looking. Personally the wife can have the droptop. If I want to get in the wind I get on the bike. If it's 4 wheels I prefer the truck to haul my more than ample body around. If I can figure out how to post a pic I'll put up my toy.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Thanks for joining the site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts