Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Eric and I have owned my 98 mustang GT since 99. It started with 30K. It is now up to 96K. Ride sharing saves..... The only mod is that I installed a K&N filter about 5years ago. I am looking to get my hands dirty and get some more HP and get her running like she is supposed to. Any help will be appreciated. No suggestion refused or turned down...:help:

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
shakhaneh said:
My name is Eric and I have owned my 98 mustang GT since 99. It started with 30K. It is now up to 96K. Ride sharing saves..... The only mod is that I installed a K&N filter about 5years ago. I am looking to get my hands dirty and get some more HP and get her running like she is supposed to. Any help will be appreciated. No suggestion refused or turned down...:help:
Hey Eric!

Always! Always! Always!

Have a goal, and a budget.

From there you can plan the best way to get there.

If you don't have a budget, you'll be paying a lot for something that may or may not run well, with expensive parts that won't work well together.

If you start buying without a goal, you'll have a car that doesn't run well, but have a very expensive parts list, that you'll never recover in terms of value.

When you have a goal and a budget, you can plan, first installing parts that won;t take the car out of commission very long, and then tying parts that require the engine, etc to be taken apart to times so that they can be done at the same time.

Otherwise, you're paying for unnecessary labor.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey Eric, welcome to AFM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts