Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So instead if having an H or X pipe, get the Cherry bomb extreme dual in/out for a chamber. Then get a bullet type of muffler, my choice will probably be Pypes M80. What do ya think? Has anyone ran a similar setup?

·
Registered
558 Posts
For a truck yes, for a Mustang nope.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm interested to hear this setup also. I have heard many 4.6 cars that sounded great with the Prochamber, but no 2011+ yet.

I just added the Lethal O/R H to my GT500 mufflers...It's pretty loud!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I just added the Lethal O/R H to my GT500 mufflers...It's pretty loud!
I plan on doing the same thing but I have the Roush ABs :afraid

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I preordered the Mac Prochamber and it should have shipped yesterday. I will check my email today after work. If it arrives this week it will be installed by Saturday and vids up that evening.

MAC Mustang GT 5.0L 2011-2012 Pro Chamber to Stock Catalytic
Hey Grimace, definitely post up vids and a review. I currently have just the Gt500 AB's. I am seriously considering ordering the Pro chamber as well as the JPC over axle pipes to finish my exhaust. Any thoughts on how this might sound? I'm am not interested in LT headers or cat deletes.

On a side note, was the price always $339? I thought I looked at this about a week ago and it was only $309 but I could be completely wrong as I'm easily confused.

G

·
0 Posts
Where can a person find a picture of it?
Google Images; at least for older models but it should look similar.

Prochamber.jpg

Prochamber2.jpg

Hey Grimace, definitely post up vids and a review. I currently have just the Gt500 AB's. I am seriously considering ordering the Pro chamber as well as the JPC over axle pipes to finish my exhaust. Any thoughts on how this might sound? I'm am not interested in LT headers or cat deletes.

On a side note, was the price always $339? I thought I looked at this about a week ago and it was only $309 but I could be completely wrong as I'm easily confused.
The price has been $339 for as long as I've known it was going to market. I think the Prochamber with GT500's would sound VERY muscular. Mine will be going to Magnaflow Street mufflers so I am expecting a quiet but deep exhaust note.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
..................:nono: lol
believe it or not...but I feel that my Roush ABs could use some more. Its loud on startup but once I shift out of Park it tones down. I am interested to see what the O/R X and Roush will sound like....if its too loud, I got the stock mufflers to put back on

·
Registered
166 Posts
believe it or not...but I feel that my Roush ABs could use some more. Its loud on startup but once I shift out of Park it tones down. I am interested to see what the O/R X and Roush will sound like....if its too loud, I got the stock mufflers to put back on
I definitely agree with axle backs needing a bid more. IMHO, I think the best sounds come from a complete cat-back system. The reason I went with the off road pipe was for the added power. I stacked the off road H up with the GT500 mufflers and factory resonators to help control the sound. The combination is good, but it is still very loud at WOT. It either has to grow on me or I need to hear what other people are hearing when I drive by them. If it sounds awesome, it will stay because the sound is completely controllable by my right foot. There is no drone and the car is quiet when cruising on the highway. If you want to sit in neutral and rev the car, you are going to just make people near by angry. lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
I preordered the Mac Prochamber and it should have shipped yesterday. I will check my email today after work. If it arrives this week it will be installed by Saturday and vids up that evening.

MAC Mustang GT 5.0L 2011-2012 Pro Chamber to Stock Catalytic
Excellent. Please do. I really want to hear it.

I plan on doing the same thing but I have the Roush ABs :afraid
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with Roush Axle Back and offroad X rev-up - YouTube

Be prepared, your face will melt.

Mke

·
Registered
949 Posts
I would still like to know if the OP's original idea would work. Nobody has really addressed this yet. Would a dual in/out muffler work like a prochamber?

G

·
0 Posts
I would still like to know if the OP's original idea would work. Nobody has really addressed this yet. Would a dual in/out muffler work like a prochamber?
The Prochamber does not have any kind of baffling or noise reduction, so I would think a dual in/out muffler would quiet the exhaust more than the Prochamber and possibly take away from the crossover efficiency.

On a side note, by coincidence I found that an SLK 55 AMG has a chambered crossover! They are certainly one of our more aggressive sounding Benz', just behind the SL63 and SL65 Black Series(The SLR is actually pretty quiet).

·
Registered
949 Posts
The Prochamber does not have any kind of baffling or noise reduction, so I would think a dual in/out muffler would quiet the exhaust more than the Prochamber and possibly take away from the crossover efficiency.

On a side note, by coincidence I found that an SLK 55 AMG has a chambered crossover! They are certainly one of our more aggressive sounding Benz', just behind the SL63 and SL65 Black Series(The SLR is actually pretty quiet).

I would gut a flowmaster 40 series!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know this thread is old, but nobody has followed-up on this.

I just purchased a cherry bomb 7481CB, it will arrive on Wednesday and I'll have it installed at the midpipe. I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this idea, instead of spending 340 dollars on a MAC pro-chamber. If it doesn't work, then I'll only be out $100~ dollars, and I'll order the pro-chamber.

I will also be having my car dyno'd this Friday.

I can't imagine the single piece of plate steel inside the 7481CB would really affect the exhaust that much besides a deeper tone. I currently have MAC boom tubes, so the added backpressure might be a benefit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts