Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I was having mod withdrawal... so I got my fix by buying some new ones!

I got the GT500 spoiler and the cdc agressive chin spoiler..... I got both painted to match and am just waiting on the stripes to get here so I can stripe them as well. Getting the stock spoiler off was a big pita.... the adhesive Ford uses was the toughest part.... It took me 45 minutes just to get the adhesive off the trunk after the spoiler came off... but the end result is really nice imo.

As for the chin spoiler..... very happy with it yet not happy with it.... it looks exactly the way I wanted it to look but the chin spoiler didnt fit perfectly.... and middle part is a little wavy (you can see in the pics) but I have searched around and many other people have has this issue and there are custom remedies that people have done and tried that work.... so when I get time I will try them out myself out... im sure it will get fixed as it is not too big a problem. So the only exterior 'look' mod left to do is agent 47 mirrors.... I like the stock hood and grill so those will stay as is.... everything else 'looks' wise that I wanted to mod has been done im happy to say.... once the mirrors are done I think I will tackle the suspension next....so without further adieu here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...

And no I wasn't the one who was having fun in the parking lot that I took the pictures in and left the tire marks, lol

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
The car looks great. You did a very good job of curing your withdraw.:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
looks great i jsut did some custom work on my front end today, only tools i needed was a propane torch and a flat head!:laugh:

·
Registered
41,828 Posts
Good looking ride. Your addiction has to be cured.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
That adhesive on the trunk can be a real SOB. Naptha does a super job of cleaning it off.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
That looks awesome man! The wavy chin spoiler is very very weird though...:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That adhesive on the trunk can be a real SOB. Naptha does a super job of cleaning it off.
boy stl... I tried everything on that adhesive ( bug n tar remover, wd-40, etc)... I even went out and bought automotive goo gone.... in the end I ended up taking a putty knife and wrapped it with a thick cotton cloth and literally had to scrape that stuff off.... and it was boiling hot in the garage when i was doing it too.... no fun!

But that really was the hard part everything else was real simple on the install.... the cdc aggressive was a bit more complicated then i expected it to be... but I really like the look... now if i could somehow get rid of the little 'wave' in the middle!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks awesome man! The wavy chin spoiler is very very weird though...:headscratch:
tell me about it.... i searched and apparently there are hundreds of other people with the cdc aggressive chin spoilers that have had the same issue and each tried something different... some were able to get rid of it.... when i get extra time I will work on it... see what I can come up with... if not maybe I can get my friends bodyshop to take a look at it and see what they can do....

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
boy stl... I tried everything on that adhesive ( bug n tar remover, wd-40, etc)... I even went out and bought automotive goo gone.... in the end I ended up taking a putty knife and wrapped it with a thick cotton cloth and literally had to scrape that stuff off.... and it was boiling hot in the garage when i was doing it too.... no fun!

But that really was the hard part everything else was real simple on the install.... the cdc aggressive was a bit more complicated then i expected it to be... but I really like the look... now if i could somehow get rid of the little 'wave' in the middle!
That was one reason I stayed away from the aggressive spoiler. I didn't want to have to cut the fascia.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was one reason I stayed away from the aggressive spoiler. I didn't want to have to cut the fascia.
yah i resisted the cdc agressive for as long as i could... until i couldnt.... it just looks so damn good imo.... if in the long run im not happy with it... well, time for a new bumper:):) maybe a simple one like the first gen street scene.... but I think I can work out the wave in the middle of it...as long as i get rid of that Ill be happy.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
btw... does anyone know of any grill's or the cdc aggressive... any need for worry cuz its so open under there now?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts

ROFL, that sounds like a real SOB.. Actually that reminds me about when i took my stock GT wing off, i had to do the same thing- nothing wanted to take it off.. Took almost 2 hours to remove all the glue and crap..

PS Car looks amazing dude, i love the whole setup.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ROFL, that sounds like a real SOB.. Actually that reminds me about when i took my stock GT wing off, i had to do the same thing- nothing wanted to take it off.. Took almost 2 hours to remove all the glue and crap..

PS Car looks amazing dude, i love the whole setup.:bigthumbsup

thanks! yah that damn glue was a pita.

·
Registered
153 Posts
:bigthumbsupYeah, that's cool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.