Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dropped my car off last night at the shop. they said they should get everything put on today, so i can pick it up tonight. so im hoping that stands. im beyond excited! couldnt sleep last night, its gonna be great.

whats going on...
long tube headers
h-pipe with high flow cats
cat backs
underdrive pullies
CAI
dyno tune
lowering 1"
4.10 gears

i went a little crazy, but at least i'll be done with performance mods...at least for 6 months or so. i did a little cosmetic stuff too, i'll get pictures up when i can.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i give you about a month before you are on the Kenne Bell website :so

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Let us know how you like it when you pick it up......that is, if you want to leave the driver's seat! :D

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Oh i know the feeling. Nothing more exciting than picking up your car from the shop ready to see what is drives like with your new mods. Looks like ya doin a lot to it at one time, im sure your gonna love it. But this is just the beginning, ill give ya about another month or 2 before you drop that car back off for something else.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What shop are you using?
i ended up taking mickmach's advice and went with excessive motorsport, they were 1500 less than springfield motorsport (the reason i threw in the gears and springs). its an hour away but well worth the drive.

sadley, i cant spend the whole weekend driving, i have to pull 24 hour duty tommorow!!!

G

·
Congrats Biff! Don't fool yourself, though. I'm sure you've already mapped out the next round of mods. Trust me - your car will feel slow again in a week. :gringreen

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great news!!! turns out i have duty tonight (the "great news" was sarcastic) so now i have to wait until 0830 tommorow to go and pick up my car. hopefully one of my buddies will be awake and willing to give me a ride that early. if not i'm hitchhiking!:bigthumbsup nothing is gonna keep me from picking it up as soon as i can.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
great news!!! turns out i have duty tonight (the "great news" was sarcastic) so now i have to wait until 0830 tommorow to go and pick up my car. hopefully one of my buddies will be awake and willing to give me a ride that early. if not i'm hitchhiking!:bigthumbsup nothing is gonna keep me from picking it up as soon as i can.
So you're a watchstander like me?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you're a watchstander like me?
not sure, maybe, i work in a hospital. i get to sit at the information desk all night and answer the phone. although, i only have to do this once in a while so thats a plus.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
not sure, maybe, i work in a hospital. i get to sit at the information desk all night and answer the phone. although, i only have to do this once in a while so thats a plus.
Ok, similar hours but different lines of work. I'm a watchstander at the Defense Intelligence Agency up at Bolling.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, similar hours but different lines of work. I'm a watchstander at the Defense Intelligence Agency up at Bolling.
cool, im a medic working in a hospital (not the job i signed up for) thats gonna change in october though so i have no complaints

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I'm a watchstander at the Defense Intelligence Agency up at Bolling.
Why am I thinking watchsitter would be more appropriate?

(Wouldn't have posted that, but felt I owed you for your "TV envy" comment. By the way - would you believe I have the biggest Sony 1080HD true-tube TV they used to make, plus a brand new "spare" of the exact same Sony covered and stored in my front hall?)

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Why am I thinking watchsitter would be more appropriate?

(Wouldn't have posted that, but felt I owed you for your "TV envy" comment. By the way - would you believe I have the biggest Sony 1080HD true-tube TV they used to make, plus a brand new "spare" of the exact same Sony covered and stored in my front hall?)
Some have to have those large TVs to compensate for shortcomings elsewhere. :laugh:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the countdown has begun! i have an hour till i get off work then i go pick up my princess. im dead tired now (the result of being awake for over 24 hrs) but i know as soon as i turn that key, my eyes are going to fire up and i'll be wide awake :happyhapp. the question is do i change before i leave :headscratch:...nah!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Some have to have those large TVs to compensate for shortcomings elsewhere.
Maybe some people do. I wouldn't know about that.

But I have one to fully enjoy watching the 1,460+ movies I have collected on video (VHS and/or DVD). I only mentioned it because I thought you might find it amusing that I had to have another of the same exact Sony TV as a brand new "spare" for possible future use.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Maybe some people do. I wouldn't know about that.

But I have one to fully enjoy watching the 1,460+ movies I have collected on video (VHS and/or DVD). I only mentioned it because I thought you might find it amusing that I had to have another of the same exact Sony TV as a brand new "spare" for possible future use.
And it's going to remain in the box? I need a big TV :scratchchin

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I love my large TV. It really makes a difference (like a CAI and tune).
VHS Gary? :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.