1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woot!

CAI/tune from bama (91 race etc)
and for GTA mufflers on the way

now i just have to decide if i wanna spend 150 on the sway bar and strut brace...

any thoughts or will those two mods be enough change for now? (leaning towards getting the bars ^^

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
if you hit the track alot, Auto X or just plain corner hard on a regular bassis. id say get em.

i like my corners, but im doing just fine with out them.

and ive been though the hill sides of tenn. :D

U

·
0 Posts
You will most certainly love the CAI/Tune and new GTA mufflers... I love mine anyways. :D

BTW - I'm still convinced you have a Tungsten Grey Mustang... What is your paint code? T8 I'm assuming. ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
woot!

CAI/tune from bama (91 race etc)
and for GTA mufflers on the way

now i just have to decide if i wanna spend 150 on the sway bar and strut brace...

any thoughts or will those two mods be enough change for now? (leaning towards getting the bars ^^
THats one bad color combo you hace. Eh the strut brance isnt really all the helpful unless you drive a vert. Save your money, imo.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
THats one bad color combo you hace. Eh the strut brance isnt really all the helpful unless you drive a vert. Save your money, imo.
yah strut brace is just looks more then anything.... im not convinced is does anything on the s197 handling wise.

congrats on the mods btw.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yea it is tungsten gray. i looked it up o_O w/e

o and the only reason i'm going to get the brace, is because a mechanic i know says i should think about it because the shocks will ware differently on the front than the back.

is this true??

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
lol yea it is tungsten gray. i looked it up o_O w/e

o and the only reason i'm going to get the brace, is because a mechanic i know says i should think about it because the shocks will ware differently on the front than the back.

is this true??
I've had the brace on my '05, before the shaker install. I hit the corners pretty hard, and noticed no difference. I would use the brace for course racing, but just for piece of mind.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
the 197s are alot more sturdy than past stangd

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im considering getting a brenspeed 91 tune also,

a couple questions...
can i save the tunes from the tunner to the computer. (i remember hearing you can. probably will be something for me to figure out once i get it)

and can anyone give me a description of the brenspeed vs bama. from everything ive read this is what ive found out:

Bamachips: godly throttle response
Extreem Torque till 4k RPM and doesnt kick more
and if anything drops off a pinch

Brenspeed: Throttle response not as good as Bama
Torque is strong from 2-4K and at 4K feels like a
turbo kicked in (not a lot stronger but is still
there)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.