Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this site. I have been a Mustang lover all my life and I am looking into buying a new 2008 Mustang maybe the bullett edition. My question is on a brand new Mustang (or any car for that matter) I have heard two conflicting ways to break the engine in, one saying you are supposed to "drive it like you stole it" and the other saying you are supposed to "baby" the engine. Which one is correct? And for how many miles?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome!! The Bullitt is a very nice ride! I have looked at a couple at the local dealer. What color are you thinking about black or green? I would purchase it for the fact they are a limited edition.

Because from what I can see there hasn't been a whole lot done that you can't do yourself to a new GT to the same hp and torq.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Welcome to AFM... There is no specific break-in requirement like on cars from years ago. However, I still would not recommend driving it like you stole it for a thousand miles or so.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
25,049 Posts
:hello: and :welcome: Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:
Do post some pictures into your gallery soon!!

I agree, I would not drive the heck out of her, doesn't mean you can't get on it a liittle !! LOL

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help guys, and when I do get my mustang I will be uploading pics!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Welcome to AFM... Glad you joined us!!

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. The way the new cars are assembled now, you don't have to exactly baby it, drive it like normal.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Welocome to All Ford Mustangs .:wavey

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Welcome to the site. The bullit

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
:hello:AND:welcomeflowers:TO THE SITE.
Probably the best Mustang site on the web.
Get advice in a Tech' Section or just chew the fat in the Lounge. ENJOY!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.