Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just picked up our new 2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible last night from the local Ford dealer. I carefully drove it home and it is going to be stored in our garage until spring. The color is Redfire and the interior is dark leather. I think we will love it as much as we did our black 2002 Ford Mustang GT Convertible. It is an automatic, wifey does not like to do the clutch thingy! Picked it up under X-Plan pricing and couldn't be happier. What a nice Christmas present! :eyepoppin
I am 51 so I am no young pup, but the Mustangs sure make me fell like one! My brother in law had at one time a lime green 1967 Mustang Fastback with a 390 CI V8, 4 barrel, and a 4 speed. Ever since then, I have loved them.
Have a great Christmas everybody and thanks for the great forum to be a part of. Looks like a lot of nice people and a ton of good info on these great cars!
Regards,
Phil in Indiana

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Congratulations

Congratulations on your new baby! :) Have you named her?

Cigars all around, to celebrate the birth of a new Mustang. :smoke:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Congrats on the new pony! just got mine in September, last one I had was a 86GT, the difference is night and day.
One thing I thought about with the people who store their stang during the winter, your warranty will expire from age rather than mileage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JetBlack said:
Congratulations on your new baby! :) Have you named her?

Cigars all around, to celebrate the birth of a new Mustang. :smoke:
Thanks a lot! No, not named her yet. Going to leave that up to the wife.
Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pcfrisch said:
Congrats on the new pony! just got mine in September, last one I had was a 86GT, the difference is night and day.
One thing I thought about with the people who store their stang during the winter, your warranty will expire from age rather than mileage.
Thanks! We have a 05 F-150 for winter and I also drive a company truck, so we are able to keep the salt and snow off the Mustang. Hopefully, it will last a long time. It will be a pleasure vehicle and more than likely just driven in the summers, on nice days! BTW, are you real happy with yours and do you drive it in the winter? Seeing that your in Michigan, if you drive it in the winter, how is it in the snow?
Regards,
Phil

G

·
i cant help but drive mine in the winter...its like it calls to me...but it will never be driven in the snow(i have my other mustang for that) and at least 1 week and 2 rain storms have to pass before i drive her after they salt...congrats on your new car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yesterday, it was 47 degrees in Northeast Ohio. I was driving around with the top down, wearing my Santa hat and dark glasses. Got lots of smiles!

-L

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Red 06 Ragtop said:
Thanks! We have a 05 F-150 for winter and I also drive a company truck, so we are able to keep the salt and snow off the Mustang. Hopefully, it will last a long time. It will be a pleasure vehicle and more than likely just driven in the summers, on nice days! BTW, are you real happy with yours and do you drive it in the winter? Seeing that your in Michigan, if you drive it in the winter, how is it in the snow?
Regards,
Phil
I also have a small pickup, when there is snow on the road, I drive the pickup, when the road is snow free, I drive the Mustang, I live on a dirt road. I really haven't driven it in the snow, it is supposed to be better due to the front/rear weight ratio, but my mustangs in the past were horrible in the snow. Some on the board have bought snow tires and claim it drives fine in the snow with them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congarts on the new mustang! While I'Ve got a 98 Jeep for my "Dirty Work", here in Florida I get to drive my '06 year 'round. I work an hour's drive away from home (500 miles a week) so I know I will out-mileage my warranty long before the 3 years is up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nghtrnnr said:
i cant help but drive mine in the winter...its like it calls to me...but it will never be driven in the snow(i have my other mustang for that) and at least 1 week and 2 rain storms have to pass before i drive her after they salt...congrats on your new car
Thanks and yes, if you can drive it in the winter season and not have to worry about salt, that is great. The roads here in northern Indiana get snow so the salt trucks come out in droves. Besides granular salt, they now hit the roads with the liquid stuff now too. So, it will be March until we get the new Mustang out. Ditto on waiting for the first few rains to clean off the roads!
Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
webeproducts said:
Yesterday, it was 47 degrees in Northeast Ohio. I was driving around with the top down, wearing my Santa hat and dark glasses. Got lots of smiles!

-L
Cool....Sometimes putting a smile on other's faces is priceless! :eyepoppin

Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Black06 said:
Congarts on the new mustang! While I'Ve got a 98 Jeep for my "Dirty Work", here in Florida I get to drive my '06 year 'round. I work an hour's drive away from home (500 miles a week) so I know I will out-mileage my warranty long before the 3 years is up.
You make the rest of us up here in the north wish we were in Florida this time of year! I ride motorcycles too and of course they are up on the lifts stored now too:(
I guess that makes us look forward to spring even more! Enjoy your warm weather:)
Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pcfrisch said:
Some on the board have bought snow tires and claim it drives fine in the snow with them.
I would think a lighter weight, rear wheel drive vehicle like a Mustang would be no fun in the snow, even with snow tires! I am lucky enough to have a company truck 4X4 and my personal F-150 4X4 for the snow. Of course we get more lake effect snow than a lot of areas, so other areas might be a lot better to drive in than here in the winter!
Regards,
Phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts