Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629

"Built on a shortened Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger chassis (116-inch wheelbase vs. 120 inches), the Challenger gets a 6.1-liter Hemi hooked to a six-speed manual transmission with a pistol grip shifter." :eyepoppin :worship

That should cause you guys some concern. :winks Wake up Ford - We are about to catch you!

I'm not sure I like the front end based on the spy shots though. I'll reserve my final critique until the production model photos are released.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If they make a black on black perhaps I'll add it to my stable as my GT'S mare.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dont troll dude

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
bmartin9122 said:
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629

"Built on a shortened Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger chassis (116-inch wheelbase vs. 120 inches), the Challenger gets a 6.1-liter Hemi hooked to a six-speed manual transmission with a pistol grip shifter." :eyepoppin :worship

That should cause you guys some concern. :winks Wake up Ford - We are about to catch you!

I'm not sure I like the front end based on the spy shots though. I'll reserve my final critique until the production model photos are released.
someone's already posted this.

It'll still be a heavy pig, I think.

Unless they lighten it up considerably, the Shebly will eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

:smoke:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gro_oms said:
Dont troll dude
No trolling here... I don't know about you guys, but the whole reason I frequent the "enemy's" forum is to learn what I'm up against. Newspapers and magazines are crap compared to real world accounts. I wish more Ford and GM guys would give the LX boards a reality check every once in awhile. I apologize if I ruffled any feathers. No harm intended. :wavey

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kscoyote said:
someone's already posted this.

It'll still be a heavy pig, I think.

Unless they lighten it up considerably, the Shebly will eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

:smoke:
Woops! I didn't realize this was old news to you all.

B/L/D... Touché!!! hehehehe. :happyhapp

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
bmartin9122 said:
No trolling here... I don't know about you guys, but the whole reason I frequent the "enemy's" forum is to learn what I'm up against. Newspapers and magazines are crap compared to real world accounts. I wish more Ford and GM guys would give the LX boards a reality check every once in awhile. I apologize if I ruffled any feathers. No harm intended. :wavey
Nah, you don't seem to be a troll, As far as I'm concerned, you're as welcome here as anyone!

When you start making stuff up, bullying others, and generating imaginary cars -Then I may use the troll moniker.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Looks pretty cool. Glad they toned down that grill. Now they've got something decent in which to put those motors. Not that your ride is uncool. I wish they hadn't put the Charger name on that four-door sedan.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
No worries DODGE boy, I don't feel you're trolling, have fun while visiting the board. Besides if I see you at a stop light I'm sure you'll return the favor and not mind me smoking you a$$. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
theyogawarrior said:
No worries DODGE boy, I don't feel you're trolling, have fun while visiting the board. Besides if I see you at a stop light I'm sure you'll return the favor and not mind me smoking you a$$. :eyepoppin
You can smoke my @$$ all you like.... That is probably the only part you'll ever see! :winks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
bmartin9122 said:
You are pretty harsh to reprimand me for reposting old info. That thread was started the exact minute I started this one. :sosad:
really?

My faux-pas!

I saw the other one 1st.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hmm, yeah the challenger concept looks cool, but dodge always has cool concepts. But its not a production car until it has four doors and looks like a buick :sterb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mac_mogul said:
Hmm, yeah the challenger concept looks cool, but dodge always has cool concepts. But its not a production car until it has four doors and looks like a buick :sterb:
Don't torture me by saying that!!! I can only hope DC sticks to the "hiding their new products in plain sight" MO. The differences between the '03 concept Magnum and the '05 production Magnum were limited to the headlights, wheel size, engine (the Whipple supercharger got the axe - dammit!), and some other interior cosmetics.

·
Registered
158 Posts
bmartin9122 isn't a troll--he has my respect from previous posts at this forum. That challenger does look mean though. It doesn't make up for the charger being a 4-door sedan, but it is definately helpful.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lthompson05 said:
bmartin9122 isn't a troll--he has my respect from previous posts at this forum. That challenger does look mean though. It doesn't make up for the charger being a 4-door sedan, but it is definately helpful.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am a top ten poster on www.dodgeboy.net, and I am a regular poster on www.lxforums.com. The reason I mention this is because I feel words can be very powerful tools. They should be chosen and used wisely. I rarely speak/write without careful consideration of the subject and my audience.

I have no desire to piss off anyone here. However, I have no problem speaking my mind and defending my position on a subject. As a result, those who wear their emotions on their sleeve may want to steer clear of me.

Oh yeah, the Charger should have been a 2-door. :shrug

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think everybody is aware of my position, Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth is still, and always was, the biggest P.O.S. vehicles on the road. You may feel all warm and fuzzy with your Dodges right now, but give it just a little time and you will come around. My hope for you is that you don't go broke first, or worse, get hurt when the junk falls apart at highway speed.

The only thing that scares me about a DC product is that the rack and pinion is going to fail, or ball joint is going to break on one and it's going to crash into me. Well, that is if it doesn't burn to the ground or sludge itself to an early death.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Saleen Owner said:
I think everybody is aware of my position, Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth is still, and always was, the biggest P.O.S. vehicles on the road. You may feel all warm and fuzzy with your Dodges right now, but give it just a little time and you will come around. My hope for you is that you don't go broke first, or worse, get hurt when the junk falls apart at highway speed.

The only thing that scares me about a DC product is that the rack and pinion is going to fail, or ball joint is going to break on one and it's going to crash into me. Well, that is if it doesn't burn to the ground or sludge itself to an early death.
I get the impression that someone doesn't like DC....

·
Registered
530 Posts
lthompson05 said:
I get the impression that someone doesn't like DC....
Hard earned, very expensive lessons I've learned from owning three Dodges over three decades. Not that any of them ever lasted a decade, not by a long shot. I just got suckered in by their looks. Ba$tards can come up with some sweet looking rides, to bad they never figured out how to build a car without ten thousand issues a year down the road.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.